1985 Pininfarina Spider fully restored fast road

Post pics of your car in here
Andy007

1985 Pininfarina Spider fully restored fast road

Post by Andy007 »

Here my fully restored 1985 Pininfarina Spider : The car is completely sandblasted, all parts like brakes, rubbers etc new. Engine with 36 / 43.5 valves, Head ported/ polished, 290 deg. cam with adjustable cam gears, all parts balanced, lightened flywheel, Twin Weber 40 IDF, stainless Steel exhaust with only one straight thru silencer.
Adjustable Koni red shock absorbers with lowered springs, PU bushes on the front, 9x16 wheels with 215/40-16 Tyres.
My wishes for the future are installing a good stainless steel exhaust header, changing the 40 IDF to 44 IDF and a set of HC Pistons.
Hope to meet some other Fiat Twin Cam & Spider enthusiasts from all over the world.

(photos edited to reduced size by GC and some removed that had not come out properly. If posting again you need to edit by crop and resize to more manageable size, thanks)
Attachments
Andy007_01 (800 x 600).jpg
Andy007_01 (800 x 600).jpg (125.72 KiB) Viewed 8296 times
Andy007_02.jpg
Andy007_02.jpg (292.89 KiB) Viewed 8299 times
sumplug

Post by sumplug »

Andy007
I must congratulate on a beautiful car. You could eat your dineer off any region of the car, even underneath!! The car must of taken a very long time to get up to this standard. I love the wheels painted like that. It finishes the car nicely. Now it is up to 5 Spiders ive seen that i want!! A credit to you.

Andy.
Rich Ellingham

Post by Rich Ellingham »

Very nice, Gottingen number plate too.

rich
book 38
tom

Post by tom »

That is a cool looking Spider indeed.

Although I would have kept the bumpers chrome and the headlight surrounds too.

My tires on my AS are 205/55/15s. Are your front tyres okay going full wheel-lock?
Tom

1968 Fiat 124 AS Spider
FMO

What a nice car!

Post by FMO »

Thats a great Spider. Tremendous work, although I like them almost original :-)
Guy Croft
Site Admin

Post by Guy Croft »

Andy, hi

If you'd like to meet Spider enthusiasts you've certainly made a great start, warm praise for your car already! And, what can I add? It's stunning and I want it!

Now, there is a very good friend of mine Ben Ellis (Lincoln UK) who is trying very hard to convert his LHD Fiat Spider to rack and pinion like your car, please go to:

http://guy-croft.com/viewtopic.php?t=587

and see if you can guide Ben. He's serious about this conversion so he won't waste your time. But he is really not sure about several things. And, Ben runs a very good club with website called http://www.sportspider.co.uk
I'm a member there and post now and again. He is the Fiat Spider officer for the Fiat Motor Club UK, and he also organises (via his club) some marvellous events and trips with Spiders around the UK and Europe, you could not wish to meet a friendlier gang of internationalists/enthusiasts.

BTW - Some difficulties with your photos, hope the two that remain don't look too bad. Most readers don't have broadband, including me, which makes viewing very slow and can spoil the photo quality if they are too big. Plus editing and uploading (espeically photos - I do more than most) rather hard work. So if you are not sure how to format your photos to get them to a good size (and I am sure the originals are superb quality) send them to me by email and I will do the necessary alterations without spoiling the definition and send them back to you.GC

GC
branda

Post by branda »

Andy - just spotted this. Your car looks/sounds great. As Guy says, I'm converting my LHD Spider to rack and pinion and would really like to see how it was done on the 1985 Spiders. Is there any chance you could take some pics of the set up? The thread is at http://guy-croft.com/viewtopic.php?t=587

Many thanks,

Ben