Morris Minor 16V

Post pics of your car in here
JB

Morris Minor 16V

Post by JB »

Here are some pictures of my Morris Minor with a Fiat 131 with 16V Integrale cylinder head engine.

A 1954 Morris Minor.

The engine bay.

Under the Skin

The 2 litre 16V engine.

The crank scraper.

The inside of the dry sump pan.

The Titan dry sump pump.

The steel flywheel to take a Ford clutch.

The home made front thermostat housing.

The Exhaust Manifold

The result. The dyno apprently reads 10%low. So its 187bhp and 178 lbft torque. The engine ticks over at around 1,000 rpm and will happily go at 3rd gear at this speed. Revs are limited to 7K by the cast pistons.

The exhaust gases at tickover.

Using The Car At Harewood Hillclimb, Yorkshire UK

Curborough Sprint.

The car took 6 years to build and is used on the road, driven to and (hopefully!) from each event. Many more pictures can be seen at http://www.beardmorebros.co.uk

John

PS I like the forum Guy.
16V Fiat Minor
1969race125

Post by 1969race125 »

Wow - what a fantastic build!

Is there any chance you could post a picture looking down on the cockpit from above? I'm struggling to see where you might put your left leg, with the engine sitting so far back... It must keep you warm on those cool British days though!

It looks like the hood is still operational? Does it flap around much at race speed, just lying back like that? Or do the full side windows keep it well sheltered?

The car looks awesome and must be great fun to drive with that power, weight and balance.
JB

More Details

Post by JB »

1969race 125,

This picture of the pedal box will hopefully explain where my legs go.

The throttle bodies and trumpets go into the airbox above my feet. Flexible bellows seal.

The hood is operational and when down does not move at all even at 125mph. It does have a cover though. I am very sheltered when driving with the hood down and the side windows up. I can even drive in quite heavy rain and stay dry.
When the hood is up I do take it steady or use "bungy" cords to secure the hood frame to the roll cage....just in case.

Engine Spec.

Engine.............. ................. Fiat 2 litre 131 twin cam
cylinder head..................... Integrale 16 valve, 3 angle valve seats, sodium filled exhaust valves, spring seats cut further into the head. GC triple springs.
cams................................... 280 degrees duration 10.5 mm lift
head bolts ..........................12.9 grade GC
pistons ...............................131 SOHC Flat top with my design of valve cut out, small bowl, crowns ceramic coated by AEA Technology
CR.......................................10.2:1
cambelt.............................. 25.4 mm wide GC supplied
crank.................................. Stock with 7/16" UNF grub screws in cross drillings, oil ways modded as per GC book.
block ..................................Bored and honed with deck plate, oil way core plugs replaced with stainless steel items. Oil inlet now into the front of the block.
conrods ..............................Balanced on home made device
rod bolts............................ ARP
sump.................................. John built dry sump with scraper and gauze
oil pump .............................Titan 3 stage belt driven
flywheel .............................steel to accept Fiat 130 TC ring gear and Ford clutch cover and plate, Saab concentric clutch release bearing.
induction ............................43mm dia. throttle bodies, GC manifold, front mounted K&N air filter.
ignition ..............................distributor less
control ...............................electronically mapped Weber Alpha with homemade loom.
exhaust ..............................tubular, 4-2-1 manifold, 2 1/2" stainless system with expansion chamber and 3" bore silencer, designed to flow 2.2cfm per bhp as per David Vizard.
Water.................................Front mounted thermostat in home made housing, swirl pot and water oil heat exchanger.

John
16V Fiat Minor