Fiat 2.0 reverse head engine [Tempra] supercharging

Competition engines and 'live' projects only. Good photos to illustrate your post are expected.
sumplug

Fiat 2.0 reverse head engine [Tempra] supercharging

Post by sumplug »

Hi Guy.
A friend of mine wants to supercharge a 2,0 TEMPRA 8V TWIN CAM.
It will follow Charlie's X1/9 and use an Eaton 45 charger geared at first to 2-1. The car will be used for sprints.
My question is, if we use a Croma Turbo head gasket of 1.9 mm and deshroud the valves, will i need to skim the pistons as well to achieve 8:1.1?
The head will get light porting work to about stage 2 but will keep standard valve sizes. The exhaust port will need some porting as well with supercharging.
4 - 1 exhaust will be used with no silencer, just a cheery bomb fibreglass type at back. Single throttle body will go in front of charger.
Will the standard cams be ok or would a milder cam on the exhaust help? Vernier pulleys will be used , so what degrees would you recommend?
What plugs should we use as well? Engine will have intercooler and oil cooler. Charger will start around 8psi. I will post pics up when the project starts.

Andy
Guy Croft
Site Admin

Post by Guy Croft »

My question is, if we use a Croma Turbo head gasket of 1.9 mm and deshroud the valves, will I need to skim the pistons as well to achieve 8:1.1?
I don't know, burette the head and work it out.

Will the standard cams be ok or would a milder cam on the exhaust help?The turbo ex cam is ideal, as for the inlet cam you could run with the Turbo one or use a normally aspirated one, but watch your piston-valve clearances.

Vernier pulleys will be used , so what degrees would you recommend?
103 inlet, 107 ex.

GC
sumplug

Post by sumplug »

Thanks for that Guy.
Would NGK BPR6ES be ok?

Andy.
Guy Croft
Site Admin

Post by Guy Croft »

Can we come back to ancillaries at a more advanced stage please.

GC