Dimension of GC inlet manifold

Road-race engines and ancillaries - general discussion
Guy Croft
Site Admin

Re: Dimension of GC inlet manifold

Post by Guy Croft »

Mark,

they do have the same bolting points to the manifold as DCOE and same barrel axis placement relative to those - they just vary in bore size. You would need 40mm throttle bodies - equiv to 45 carb, no bigger.

G
robert kenney

Post by robert kenney »

Sorry guys I debated ommiting the DHLA referance but I knew they are the same as DCOE and the Mikuni. My mistake was assuming it was tribal knowledge.

Like Guy said they are the same patern only the bore size may be different. I will edit the DHLA referance out to prevent further confusion.

Robert
Robert Kenney # 111
parrish

Post by parrish »

The day has arrived,
the manifold and Hi-Torque starter arrived today from Allinson Automotive, posted less than a week ago and tracked and arrived this morning.
Starter is a straight forward swop, see photo below.
The manifold is as specified, finnished in a grey semi gloss paint, welding is of an excellent quality.
The photos below show the manifold before and after fitting, note the connection on No:4 inlet for the brake vacuum take off.
The TB's are now at an angle of approx 22 degrees and forward by approx 35mm, previously i had little clearance box between the TB's and the bullkhead, now i have sufficient space to allow an air box to be fitted.
The manifold creates better access, and from a cosmentic perspective the TB's look better at an angle than they did burried down in the engine bay.
Steve
Parrish 366
Guy Croft
Site Admin

Post by Guy Croft »

Thanks for sharing, well done all!

G