Float level Weber DCA 36

Road-race engines and ancillaries - general discussion
petarn_vx

Float level Weber DCA 36

Post by petarn_vx »

Hello,

I am looking for the float level for a Weber DCA 36 (orig. Beta VX). It would be nice if I could get some advice.

wbr
Peter
Fingers

Re: Float level Weber DCA 36

Post by Fingers »

I've got an official Lancia service information letter and it says

"A value of 41mm is required between the gasket and the float top limit with the carburettor cover in vertical position."

Hope that helps
Book # 34
petarn_vx

Post by petarn_vx »

Thank you Fingers,

thats what I was looking for.

Peter
Guy Croft
Site Admin

Post by Guy Croft »

Do you mean 14mm rather than 41mm? Measurements are always to the top of the float and that sounds morelike the the float travel than the 'closed' setting.

FWIW the Weber 34 ADF - a not disimilar carb to yours - should have 6mm from cover gasket to float with the cover assy held near vertical and actuating arm of the float just holding the needle lightly closed (ie: chamber full and float in the 'up' posn), best measured with a 6mm drill. There should be 14mm of travel betw gasket and float.

I am sorry that I do not currently have that exact setting for your carb but if you used the 34ADF settings as a starting point you might be OK. If it floods (engine off by the way..) with the fuel pump on you know the fuel/float level is a bit high and you can lower it progressively, say 1mm at time.

GC
Fingers

Post by Fingers »

Yes it probably is 14 mm. There's no picture in the supliment I have just a chart, and it's probably a typo. Just found this, forgot I had a scan of someone elses copy of the same page, check the drawing at the bottom of the page.
Attachments
DSCF4492_001.jpg
DSCF4492_001.jpg (105.61 KiB) Viewed 7479 times
Book # 34
Guy Croft
Site Admin

Post by Guy Croft »

Thanks!

It's a rather curious way of presenting float level but 41mm to the RH side of the float in that dwg would make sense,

G
petarn_vx

Post by petarn_vx »

Hello,

I set the float level to 41mm but the AFR seems to be lean, so I went by 1mm steps to 37mm. Now the carb is not flooding and the car runs fine. But now I have the problem of fuel starvation in higher gears (3rd-5th) at about 4500 RPM.
The fuelsystem is modified with a Facet Silver Top pump linked direct to the carb and the fuel runback is blocked.

wbr
Peter
Book number:43
petarn_vx

Post by petarn_vx »

I set the float as seen on the picture with closed valve.

Book number:43