Headers (extractor) which Brand?

Road-race engines and ancillaries - general discussion
stooges

Headers (extractor) which Brand?

Post by stooges »

Hi!
I wonder which brand I should go for when it comes to a headers (extractor), my original exhaust manifold is cracked probebly dye to heat problem . My engine is an 2 liter original (Argenta) but with 40 idf Webers, Pertronix ignitor, Flame thrower coil, Red dot and a Filter king. I guess I could "squeeze" out a bit more from the engine and reduce the heat if I swap the original 4-2-1 system to a aftermarket headers (extractor) but what? The car is a 1973 124 sc cc coupe and the steeringwheel is on the left side.
Ulf Thunberg Sweden
Guy Croft
Site Admin

Re: Headers (extractor) which Brand?

Post by Guy Croft »

No-one makes 'off the shelf' headers for that car and that is so often true of the entire F/L range!

If you get a system made, go 4-2-1 and with combined py & sy lengths 34" with 24" py matched for length and short secondaries. The opposite to the old system which has - well - short py and long sy!

GC
stooges

Post by stooges »

Hi

Thanks a lot, yes it seems that it will be hard to find a header "off the shelf". The one I find was from Vickauto, but that will perhaps not suit because it is not made for a 2 liter engine, one other I found was from a firm located in Australia and they have the steering wheel on the right side, so it may be different compared to my LHd version.

Ulf Thunberg Sweden
mark allison

Post by mark allison »

I make an "off the shelf" header for your car. Details are available at www.allisonsautomotive.com. The header/exhaust is the best on the market in both quality, fit and hp/torque numbers. It fits 124 Spiders and coupes with any engine combination
miro-1980

Post by miro-1980 »

[quote="stooges"]Hi!
..." Pertronix ignitor, Flame thrower coil "
quote]

Ulf

- What are these , please ? Pictures ?

Miro
www.Fiat-abarth-rally.com
GC_93
mark allison

Post by mark allison »

Miro
you just purchased the starter and dash wood from me. Info about the header and exhaust is on my website
miro-1980

Post by miro-1980 »

Thanks Mark,

I will look at the site again .

Miro
www.Fiat-abarth-rally.com
GC_93
stooges

Post by stooges »

Hi Miro and Mark
Miro
The Petronix ignitor is an electronic ignitor and a Flame flower is a high perfomance coil.

Mark
I`ll went for the Fiat 4-2 original again and hope that the crack in my old 4-2 was just "bad luck" and not caused by heat problem.
Ulf Thunberg Sweden