Solex C40 Linkage

Road-race engines and ancillaries - general discussion
kremlingazette

Solex C40 Linkage

Post by kremlingazette »

Hello All,

I am in the depths of overhauling a 2.0 Fiat twin cam, It eventually will be fitted into my Lada Niva. At present its stripped down to the block and is undergoing a thorough cleanout ready for a mild overhaul. Its not a high specification build, and I am working to a low budget.

It was never intended to tune the Fiat engine, however I could not resist a pair of Solex C40 PHH carbs. I have recently secured a manifold from fellow lada friend Neil Chowney, so suitable linkage is next on my wish list.

Can anyone direct me to a company who can supply linkage for the Solex's ?

Webers & Dellortos are well catered for, but Solex are another matter.

Any help would be appreciated

Thank You

Ivan
Guy Croft
Site Admin

Re: Solex C40 Linkage

Post by Guy Croft »

Wouldn't walk far to try and find anything for Solex carbs. Get a Weber DCOE one and re-jig it to fit. It is quite simply the BEST twin-carb linkage EVER produced.

GC
Attachments
The mode of operation of all sidedraft linkages is the same, don't be put off by the fact it might not 'bolt on' to your carbs directly. Make some sketches and design new mountings. It doesn't have to go on top of the carb either, Weber do bottom mounted too. And twin/single cable options.
The mode of operation of all sidedraft linkages is the same, don't be put off by the fact it might not 'bolt on' to your carbs directly. Make some sketches and design new mountings. It doesn't have to go on top of the carb either, Weber do bottom mounted too. And twin/single cable options.
40DCOE & Weber Linkage.jpg (108.32 KiB) Viewed 3177 times
kremlingazette

Re: Solex C40 Linkage

Post by kremlingazette »

Thanks Guy,

If you say the DCOE linkage can be jigged to fit, then thats good enough for me.

The search continues..

Ivan