Help with oil pump replacement problem?

Road-race engines and ancillaries - general discussion
GavinLaird

Help with oil pump replacement problem?

Post by GavinLaird »

Hi,

My first post here so first of all thanks to Guy for the excellent resource.

The engine in question is 131B1000, and it is in a road going Morris Minor 1000. On collecting the car it was showing signs of oil starvation and inspection revealed a fair sized dent in the sump. It turns out the oil pick up is completely snapped, and I have endeavoured to source a new pump.

The OE pump is marked 131AB0A0, 4379253

Fiat no longer seem to produce them and the only aftermarket ones I have found are AE Groups POL 760 and POL716. Sadly on the AE pump casing both bolts go through circular holes, on my Fiat oe pump one bolt is through a circular hole, another through an oval. This means the holes in the casing do not line up with the holes in the block - it's about 4mm out at best. I cannot drill the block as the new hole would 1/2 way acoss the diameter of the existing one - does anyone have any other suggestions or know of a Fiat 131 oil pump with this arrangement of bolt holes - one circular, one oval?

Pictures to follow by tommorrow when I have been up to the lockup with the pumps.

Kind regards,

Gavin
Guy Croft
Site Admin

Re: Help with oil pump replacement problem?

Post by Guy Croft »

Send the old broken pickup and pump to me and I will see if I can match from my stock of good used parts.

GC

GUY CROFT RACING ENGINES
UNIT 3B WHISBY RD. LINCOLN, UK. LN6 3QT Tel: 01522 705222
GavinLaird

Post by GavinLaird »

Guy,

I have spoken with Sandy (engine builder) and he will send you the pump and pickup tomorrow.

Thank you very much for your prompt reply and offer of assistance,

Gavin.
Guy Croft
Site Admin

Post by Guy Croft »

gavin, hi

I have a replacement pump - see below. In very oily carbonised state but no doubt very good underneath.

Can you ring me please on 01522 705222 and let me know if you just want the pickup (I will decarbonise and clean it of course) or your old pump full GC overhauled? It is in good condition and certainly fit-for-overhaul if that is what you want.

Thanks,

Guy
Attachments
131AB oil pump.jpg
131AB oil pump.jpg (107.71 KiB) Viewed 5303 times
GavinLaird

Post by GavinLaird »

Guy,

Thanks for the excellent replacement pump pickup, now received and hopefully going in today.

All,

For those who have never purchased anything from GCRE I should point out that the parts arrived promptly, marked with direction of rotation and notes as to condition. All parts had also been de-carbonised and cleaned and were bagged seperately and boxed extremely securely. Guy also discussed options for a refurb of the parts over the phone. I have purchased used parts from other vendors in the past and Guy's level of service in such a small financial transaction puts them to shame. Excellent all round!

thank you,

G