Pittatore A25/2 (type 201) camshaft - Profile info needed

Road-race engines and ancillaries - general discussion
emil

Pittatore A25/2 (type 201) camshaft - Profile info needed

Post by emil »

Hello all,
I have a Fiat 124 CS1 which I have entered a few vintage rallies. The engine is a 2L originally from a 132 so I have had to apply for exemption in order to enter with this engine. I have been looking for a correct '73-'74 1800cc 124 engine to use when building a new engine, and have finally located one. I'm beginning my quest to find all parts needed for the rebuild.

I'll most likely be using the same IDF40:s and 4-2-1 exh. header as I'm running now, and I'm planning to run approx 12:1 C/R. No problem finding 100 octane fuel in Sweden..
I have been offered to buy a cylinder head fitted with a set of Pittatore A25/2 camshafts, I have also seen the profile referred to as type 201. I'll be using a different head so I'm only interested in the cams which are absolutely unused, have never run in an engine.

The only info I have is the basic lift/duration provided by Pittatore:
Max lift: 11,3mm
Duration (inlet/exh): 295 / 291
Open-close (inlet/exh): 48-67 / 65-46

I have no idea what the profiles looks like, but I was surprised to see that the intake and exhaust profiles differ slightly in duration. Might be a typo I suppose. In addition, I don't know for certain at which lift from base circle the durations were measured (I have seen 0,4mm for Pittatore in some places).

I'm interested in finding out if there is anyone here at the forum who has any experience running these camshafts, and perhaps even recorded the lift-curves. Any information what so ever would be useful and much appreciated. -Suitable for rally use? Decent lift integral? High stress on valve train due to relatively short duration but high lift? I'm guessing I'll be needing stiffer valve springs?

The only thing I know is that Pittatore states that machining must be done to piston valve-cutouts for piston/valve clearance.
I have measured Pittatore type 87 and Fiat 1608 camlift curves (I'm running these cams in the 2L) with relatively high accuracy and will gladly share these data with anyone who finds it useful.
Thank you in advance!
Regards,
Emil
'74 Fiat 124 Spider