strada 130tc timing

Road-race engines and ancillaries - general discussion
colin barnes

strada 130tc timing

Post by colin barnes »

Hi Guy, i have got my car Fiat strada 130 tc 1985 c reg on the road from a complete rebuild of the engine several mths ago, having bought many parts from you, and the car goes well Except , the timing is far to advanced, at tick over it is 16 deg btdc instead of the 10 to 12 deg manufacturers figures.The engine and all parts are standard. When the revs are up to 2500 to 3000 the reading is then 35 deg .When i was building the engine i noticed the front crankshaft sensor bracket was split so i fitted one from a spare engine i have,i made sure the gap was set .In the manual it says that the bracket should never be tampered with and that a special tool would be needed to set it up, obviously this was not to hand.When on the road it runs with noticable backfire,but after setting carbs as they should this has now improved.Have you any advice for me please .
Many thanks
Colin
Guy Croft
Site Admin

Re: strada 130tc timing

Post by Guy Croft »

Did you get my email about setting the pickup directly opposite one of the two front pulley lugs at accurate tdc with 0.4-1mm clearance Colin?

GC
colin barnes

Re: strada 130tc timing

Post by colin barnes »

Sorry Guy , no i did'nt recieve your e-mail. I have checked the gap and set it at 0.6mm ,it was 1.0mm . it sounds much better but will take it for a spin tomorrow. thank you