Need your advice - Dellorto Weber (40DCOE32)

Competition engines and 'live' projects only. Good photos to illustrate your post are expected.
kevyim

Need your advice - Dellorto Weber (40DCOE32)

Post by kevyim »

Hi Guy,

Nice to meet you here.
I have been quite some times in this forum.
Here, I need an advice from you, I know you are expert in Fiat's engine, hopefully you can help me on this.

I just want to know, the TWO images that attached, it's from Alfa Romeo Alfetta 2ltr, may I know this twin-weber can be use in my car, Fiat Supermirafiori TC 1.6ltr engine?
Please advise.
Thank you very much.

Kev
Attachments
40DCOE32-01.jpg
40DCOE32-01.jpg (93.73 KiB) Viewed 3692 times
40DCOE32-02.jpg
40DCOE32-02.jpg (106.05 KiB) Viewed 3693 times
Guy Croft
Site Admin

Re: Need your advice - Dellorto Weber (40DCOE32)

Post by Guy Croft »

Hi, sorry for the delay, website hosting and rebuild problems.

Yes - They certainly can!

you'd need something like a GC offset sidedraft (M131) inlet manifold and fitting kit, see price list in GC V/W.

Any pair of used carbs MUST be subjected to the most thorough strip, clean, inspect and rebuild with genuine parts like needle valve, gaskets and O rings - which are of course aval from Webcon in the UK. It is vital that the throttle plates close properly and don't stick and that spindles and springs are in good working order. The fuel pump should be a Facet Silver Top interrupter type 12v pump which needs to properly wired up with fuse and relay and be located in the boot, so it's pushing not pulling, just use an inline filter and NO regulator. You can use a mech pump but there is no provision for a fuel return line on DCOE carbs which you must have with a mech pump otherwise the fuel can boil under suction on hot days or at altitude.

See: http://www.webcon.co.uk

This super exploded view tells you all the parts in the DCOE:

http://www.webcon.co.uk/weber/40dcoe.htm

To advise on jetting (I Know the primary chokes are 32mm which is fine) I need to know the size of:

emulsion tubes
main jets
air correctors
idle jets
pump jets

..they are all number coded with metric size, eg main jet might typically be 125 which corresponds to 1.25mm diameter. Don't bolt them on as-is!
I always recommend good filtration (and fire retardation is vital, DCOEs spit out a lot of vapour) and a pair of K&N filters big enough to premit a clearance of 1" beyond the rampipes would be my 1st choice. The linkage should be Weber's own, it is the only one worth having.

GC
Attachments
A GC made sidedraft inlet manifold offset for block mounted distributor with a 40DCOE Weber on it..
A GC made sidedraft inlet manifold offset for block mounted distributor with a 40DCOE Weber on it..
40DCOE on GC M131 man.jpg (104.76 KiB) Viewed 3639 times