Problems with Digiplex 406A

Road-race engines and ancillaries - general discussion
heralue

Problems with Digiplex 406A

Post by heralue »

I have a very strange problem with my 130TC engine.
I'm running on Digiplex 406A and the problem is that then I have running the engine for about 5-7 minutes the engine suddenly dies. I remove the connection to the Digiplex box and put it back and then the engine will run perfect ????
Is the Digiplex box bad or what ???
Abarthnorway - Remi L

Post by Abarthnorway - Remi L »

Hi!

I am afraid I cannot pinpoint the problem for You, but I have had two bad digiplexes myself so I know some of the symptoms

The symptoms were occassional serious misfiring at various revs, and sometimes the car would not start at all. For periods of times they even worked like they should - italian electics at its best....

Best thing to do is source another digiplex and see what happens.

If that is not an option check out all the connections, like the vacuum hose, grounding, and especially the crank pulley sensor. They sometimes are loose or malfunctions. Another thing to watch out for is the tightness of fit at the main connection to the digiplex box.

If You cannot solve the problem, I will try to find a guide to test the Digiplex`s functions - I have it somewhere - but at the moment I am in the process of moving so it might take a bit of time to track it down.

Anyone in posession of the Strada 130 TC Workshop Manual will be able to help You as all the info regarding testing of the DigiPlex is written there.

Good luck - I might have a spare digiplex if needed....

Best regards

Remi Lovhoiden
GC_45
heralue

Post by heralue »

Thanks for your reply Remi !!

I have found another Digiplex unit so I will try that.