Fiat 125T The New Zealander Special

Post pics of your car in here
FIAT125T

Fiat 125T The New Zealander Special

Post by FIAT125T »

My 1972 Fiat 125T .... raced originally by Fiat NZ in the 1972 Benson and Hedges 500 at Pukekohe. Kept in FIA Schedule K trim with a NZ Historic Car classification.
Attachments
The Fiat Team arriving at the 1972 B&H 500
The Fiat Team arriving at the 1972 B&H 500
B & H 125T's.jpg (158.48 KiB) Viewed 17040 times
SKOPE Classic 2005 Ruapuna Christchurch NZ
SKOPE Classic 2005 Ruapuna Christchurch NZ
SKOPE2005TMb.jpg (21.63 KiB) Viewed 17029 times
SKOPE Classic 2004 Ruapuna Christchurch NZ
SKOPE Classic 2004 Ruapuna Christchurch NZ
SKOPE2004a.JPG (84.61 KiB) Viewed 17038 times
The opening lap of the 1972 B&H 500
The opening lap of the 1972 B&H 500
B&H start1a.jpg (192.32 KiB) Viewed 16916 times
Last edited by FIAT125T on July 18th, 2006, 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Keeper of a 125T the flyin' New Zealander Fiat.
FIAT125T

Specs

Post by FIAT125T »

The specs of the 125T were limited by the fact that the B&H 500 was a production car race. A minimum of 200 of each car had to be ASSEMBLED in NZ. As it eventuated Torino Motors the NZ Fiat agents only assembled 86 125T's. The excuse given was that Fiat HQ had told them off severely for having an unauthorised race program!
The modifications were basically hotter cams, slightly higher compression, Weber or Dellorto twin sidedraught 40's, firmed up and lowered suspension, mag wheels and high back front seats. Power was 125 bhp @ theflywheel. 0 to 60 mph was 7.9secs standing Qtr was 16.3 and a top speed of 111mph.
So yes it is a 1608 80x80 block, diff is std gearbox is std 4 speed.
Not the fastest Fiat to race but it has some history and never fails to put a grin on my face!
FIAT125T

The 200

Post by FIAT125T »

Ahhh yes ... well they managed to get a dispensation to build most of them after the race you see. Very convenient because in reality they would have struggled to sell 200 in the NZ market. After a while the infamous Fiat decease and desist advice was trotted out. A reasonably big broohaha resulted .... all adding to the mystique though!
Guy Croft
Site Admin

Post by Guy Croft »

Good morning!

Sorry but do not know your name. Great to see that, thanks. I did resize on the first, bit too big to download well on dial up but I hope the picture still shows well.

That Fiat policy, I never understood what that was all about, I have heard about it from many countries. Why anyone would try and bury theior motorsport heritage so actively is a mystery to me. If was all about rust, there were many cars as bad - or far worse. Early vauxhall eg. It made them a lot of enemies.

GC
FIAT125T

Post by FIAT125T »

Guy have you got some info on resizing photos in here? Also if its possible to just replace one? I have a resized not cropped version of that old race pic that can be added.
Guy Croft
Site Admin

Post by Guy Croft »

HI

A big photo is going to be well over pixels 1280W x 960H and weigh in around 500KB - 1.3MB, way too big on the screen and too slow on download unless you have broadband which the greater % of members do not - incl me!
I use Fuji FinePix Viewer which came with my camera, or MS Photo Editor (PE) to resize down to say 640W x 480H and about 90KB. When you resize it is important of course to keep the same aspect ratio, in other words resize height and width the same %. PE will let you resize to any % reduction you want, with some programmes there may only be a couple of choices.
For cropping you can use Photo Editor, by far the best programme around in my exp but I think only in Win98, maybe the old MS Office, not sure. MS Paint will crop, it's in programmes/accessories but it will only crop by pullling from bottom right hand corner so a bit inflexible.

The distance setting on the camera influences the size of the file, always photograph on the shortest setting the camera will allow. I can photograph a head on a 3m setting with zoom and get superior definition to the 0.3m setting sure, but the file is huge and has to be resized anyway.

If you're stuck e mail them to me. I sometimes have to do several test uploads.

It is quite easy to edit your own post, click on edit top right corner of post, cut and save the wording in the photo dialogue box, click on delete attachment, when the screen reopens click on add attachment in the vacant box. The software can jumble up your sequence, bit annoying, but don't worry. Anyone who cares enough will find the photo they are looking for after scrolling thru them.

If anyone has anything useful to add on this issue feel free to help.

GC
FIAT125T

Post by FIAT125T »

Ah no .... crossed wires here :) .... was actually wondering how to change or delete a photo that has been already posted.
Guy Croft
Site Admin

Post by Guy Croft »

OK,

scroll across to top right of the post you want to edit and the dialogue below will come up. 'Cut' or copy the caption if you want to save it to put in again with the new photo and then click on delete attachment, a new window will open with a new vacant box where you can paste the wording, use 'browse' to navigate to you new photo, enter it and click on 'submit' at the bottom of the page.

Hope this helps,

GC
Attachments
post edit.JPG
post edit.JPG (132.27 KiB) Viewed 16638 times
FIAT125T

You Tube Vids

Post by FIAT125T »