ECU Ignition Map for Fiat SOHC Engines

Road-race engines and ancillaries - general discussion
James Bowen

ECU Ignition Map for Fiat SOHC Engines

Post by James Bowen »

Hello,

There have been a few enquiries on this site about ignition parameters on the Fiat SOHC engine. I have downloaded to this thread, an ignition map, that can be copied onto any ECU.

This will help anyone who is converting over to an ignition only ECU in place of a distributor (Like me) or indeed anyone who is fitting a full engine management with fuel injection. The engine was mapped when I originally built it with DCNF carburettors and the PBS short 4 -1 exhaust manifold, however through the subsequent changes to a freer breathing cylinder head, 4-2-1 manifold, and bike carbs, it has worked beautifully with no changes to the original map.

I dare say that individual setups will benefit from small tweeks to improve torque in certain places in the RPM range, however not much. It cost me £275 of rolling road operator time to get this, you can have it for free!!

The map is RPM against throttle position. It improves cold starts, and part throttle operation, maybe fuel economy, but as Guy I'm sure will say, you will not get anymore top end power over a conventional distributor that has been properly set up.

The only snag was downloading the original file as used in the ECU. I have therefore copied it out onto a table in Microsoft Excel.
KMS Ignition Map.xls
(29 KiB) Downloaded 509 times
Any questions please ask,

Regards, James Bowen