Software for Marelli IAW90 Ingnition

Competition engines and 'live' projects only. Good photos to illustrate your post are expected.
mickwood

Software for Marelli IAW90 Ingnition

Post by mickwood »

Does anybody out there have the software to reprogramme the Marelli IAW90 Ignition system as used on final Evolution works Integrales? (92/3 Spec)

Mine is only set to run on rocket fuel, which (even if I can get it) is going to cost me a fortune when I do longer events (like Manx on which, with 130 Stage Miles and 130 Road miles, I reckon I will use nearly 250 litres, which will be nearly UK £1250). My thinking is to have alternative engine maps for a) a more readily available "hot" fuel like 105 Ron Carless Turbo Ultimate (for event ECR and WRC where Carless are present) and b) Pump fuel with Additive for events where no alternative exists

If I can't get this than plan b will be to develop a bridge from existing wiring loom to a Motec system, but I would prefer to get the original.

Mick
DeltaDave

Re: Software for Marelli IAW90 Ingnition

Post by DeltaDave »

Hi Mick,

Give me a day or two I think I have the programming somewhere on an old CD. Will have to have a good search though, no promises.

Dave
mickwood

Post by mickwood »

Thanks Dave - wait to hear
DeltaDave

Post by DeltaDave »

Hi Mick

Just for confirmation, do you mean software to actually drive an eprom programmer or actual engine maps?

Dave
mickwood

Post by mickwood »

Dave - do you want to give me a call on this Mobile 07767610997. Am a complete novice in this area (am used to carbs and mechanical systems like Kugelfischer - this electronic stuff is all new to me!). System seems to have more than one ECU, and a data download facility. I am looking for the software to enable us to create alternative ignition/fueling maps on the e prom. Possibly also amend boost regulation if that is electronically controlled and we find we need to do that to prevent detonation (although we could fix that mechanically). Not looking for the maps theselves as we will have to do this on a rolling road. Not looking to remap the water spray.
DeltaDave

Post by DeltaDave »

Mick

You posted the wrong number

Dave
mickwood

Post by mickwood »

fat finger problem - 07767610887