Mazda 323 1.6L 8v head porting queries

Competition engines and 'live' projects only. Good photos to illustrate your post are expected.
DamirGTI

Mazda 323 1.6L 8v head porting queries

Post by DamirGTI »

Hello Guy !

Would like to share a few pictures of this head with you and if you can be so kind to tell me a little bit about what can be done in order to improve this unit .

Head

Combustion chamber

Inlet ports , entry sides

Exhaust ports , entry sides

Inlet port , throat

Inlet port , short side radius

Exhaust port , throat

View trough the inlet port entry side (looks about fine to me apart from the lip in the port throat ..)

View trough the exhaust port entry side (doesn't look good at all !! this sharp stepped corners in the throat are a bit ugly ..)

Valves (inlet - 38mm , exhaust - 32mm)

Inlet manifold (complete with the throttle body ..)

Engine block

Will wait for your comment regarding this , but my plan was to concentrate more on the exhaust port modifying than the inlet one , as the inlet port doesn't look too bad to me so i was thinking just to smooth up the lip in the inlet port throats , gentile rework the ssr (smooth up just a little bit) and clean up the port casting imperfections with 80grit rolls .

This exhaust port throat and ssr is bothering me the most , the ssr is straight 90deg. bend ! and sharp as much that i can almost cut my finger on it :

Looking forward to hear your thoughts about on this one !

Thanks

Regards
Damir
GC_32