Cooling the back of Cylinder Head

Competition engines and ancillaries - general discussion
Tico

Cooling the back of Cylinder Head

Post by Tico »

Hi Guy and members
This is about a racing beta. I have conected the hose coming out of the back of the cylinder head back to the water pump (no heating used) , as seen in you book in several pictures, in order to mantain the back of the c.h cool.

The question is if you think it would be a good idea to restrict the flow thru this hose (via restrictor plate) to avoid to much hot water going back to the pump, wich will mix with the cold water and in result raise the temp of the pumped water.

I am using 72⼠in head thermostat only and orignal size radiator but with more lines than original (remade panel).

thank you from the tropic!
Guy Croft
Site Admin

Post by Guy Croft »

Hi Tico

no, you have got it right the way you've done it. Feed that hot water back to the pump.

GC
archigraphe

Re: Cooling the back of Cylinder Head

Post by archigraphe »

Hi all,

with a thermostat "in head" , is it a gain to adopt the water metal hose of a ritmo / strada 105 TC? This water hose has 2 tube, one for the rear head exit, and one for the radiator passenger. The beta hose has a direct exit on the 3way thermostat.

Is there a risk to extra cooling the rear head and not the front ?

I hope I'm explain easy ?....not sure...

Thank's for explication.
Guy Croft
Site Admin

Re: Cooling the back of Cylinder Head

Post by Guy Croft »

If you post a good photo of your engine showing the coolant pipe I will explain,

G