Tilton Twin Disc Cerametallic clutch

Competition engines and ancillaries - general discussion
cantfindausername

Tilton Twin Disc Cerametallic clutch

Post by cantfindausername »

Hi folks,

I have a Tilton Twin Disc Cerametallic clutch that I am installing, and it comes with a Hydralic Release bearing that replaces the old throw out bearing and fork, slave cylinder etc.

I'm wondering if anyone has had any experience with these products.

My main concern is that the installation instructions refer to cutting the Pilot Tube down to a different size.

Does anyone know what the best way to do this would be?

Thanks in advance.
Ant

This is a link to the online installation instructions... http://www.tiltonracing.com/ins/98-1116.pdf
Julian

Post by Julian »

Looking at the instructions provided I would say it is simply a matter of removing the pilot tube plate from the casing (it appears to be bolted in) and mounting the plate to use in your favourite cutting device.

My main concern would be working out the right length as the information provided is not completely clear (but might be with the plate infront of you) and making a clean cut without deforming the plate since it appears to be made from pressed steel so potentially not that strong.

I haven't used one myself but I would be veru interested in hearing how the conversion goes as it is on my list of possible refinements for my Dallara.
cantfindausername

Post by cantfindausername »

You giving that has made it clearer as to how it should work. Especially if its bolted in.

I couldn't grasp how the bearing was going to be fitted/supported. Thats when I started looking into it all.

If it does unbolt and can be removed that will make it alot easier. I was worried I'd have to butch it with a hacksaw in the housing or something!

It gives a length that the pilot tube needs to be, and also some other instructions say that it shouldn't be longer than where the bearing falls back to. So some measuring is needed before I go cutting.

I will be taking pictures for my site, and I'll also update on here how I get on. Just hope I don't mess it up!

The quality of the kit is top notch from the reports I've read!!

Ant