Oil Pressure Accumulator Output correct fitting

Competition engines and ancillaries - general discussion
DeltaDave

Oil Pressure Accumulator Output correct fitting

Post by DeltaDave »

Hi Guy

I have a question to confirm the correct position to connect the output of an oil pressure accumulator to a 16V Integrale engine. Unfortunately the original design of the filter housing accomodates the front engine mounting so it cannot be removed and replaced with a takeoff plate. If you consider the drawing below showing the OE oil circuit. Even remoting the filter would not allow me to do this correctly as you state in the "Remote Oil filter...to have or not to have" thread that shows the filter should be the last thing in the oil circuit before entering back into the engine.

Do I just accept the fact I cannot move the filters position, remote it, and tee the accumulator into the filtered side of the remote with a 1 way valve? Or do I really need to change the filter and thermostat positions to external?

I could:-

1. Fit a takeoff plate and bridge it out.
2. Remove the OE thermostat and blank its position between the cooler feed and return inside the mounting.
3. Tee off the mountings cooler feed and coolers return with an external thermostat, placing the thermostat in paralell with the cooler.
4. Fit a remote filter next with a 1 way valve on the filtered side allowing the accuumulator to be tee'd in correctly.
5. Then back into where the old oil cooler return was fitted utilising the existing turbo feed and sensor ports feeding the (post cooler) filtered oil back into the engine.

Seems correct but very long winded, time consuming and complicated.
Oil Circuit
Oil Circuit
accpos.JPG (102.06 KiB) Viewed 5171 times
Many thanks
Dave
DeltaDave

Re: Oil Pressure Accumulator Output correct fitting

Post by DeltaDave »

Guy,

Can you please have a look at this.

thank you Dave
DeltaDave

Post by DeltaDave »

Guy

Could you move this to Q + A please and maybe have a look?

thank you Dave
Guy Croft
Site Admin

Post by Guy Croft »

Dave, hi

connect to port 5 and use a filter with anti-syphon valve (which it needs to be anyway as it's upside down). Use an adapter which goes from the hoseline fitting @ 1/2BSP down to M14 (which the housing probably is). Think Automotive will no doubt have these. The oil pressure switch can go in a Mocal in-line adapter housing on that same hose line.

Very sorry indeed you had to wait so long.

G