Lancia Montecarlo - Dry sump parts

Competition engines and ancillaries - general discussion
Snakeman

Post by Snakeman »

Hi Guys,

I am still interested in drysumping my Montecarlo. I recently had a discusion with a good mate of mine and as it turns out he does CAD work - I have know him for years without any knowledge that he was into parts design!

Anyway if you guys have made no progress then shall I tap him up to have a look at the adaptor plate?

Kind regards
Geoff
Guy Croft
Site Admin

Post by Guy Croft »

Geoff, hi

Always nice to know a good 3D cad guy If you want to get cracking quickly you really don't need to go down the route of producing an alloy adapter etc and tray from anywhere. And, you don't really need a cad dwg, a skilled pattern maker could lay out the necessary shape to marry the block and Pace pan together without any dwg at all, and this is how I would proceed. In actual fact anyone with a reasonable knowledge of pattern making and woodwork could do it.

Insofar as cad is concerned anyone could draw the part but by far the most laborious part will be marking up the hole positions for bolting. That job can be done with a most careful and detailed study of the block and pan with callipers etc on a bench - but is best done on a cnc mill, picking up the holes from pan and block from some datum points and logging them for later machining.

Now - who wants to go thru all that? Here is what you do.

Titan Motorsport in St Neots are one of the best and quickest at doing a conversion to twin scav from the std pan, and in the case of the MC pan it's one of the easiest to do. Sure the MC pan could be cut up but it would be a waste of a nice baffled design and I would use a 105/130TC donor pan for that.

GC
cos

Re: Lancia Montecarlo - Dry sump parts

Post by cos »

Guy and everyone else hi, for those who have dry sumped the Twin cam engine did you restrict the oil feed to the head?
Guy Croft
Site Admin

Re: Lancia Montecarlo - Dry sump parts

Post by Guy Croft »

Not intentionally, as far as I am aware!

GC