torkil

Re: Dry sumppump Titan

Post by torkil »

Thanks Sir
GC_41
torkil

Post by torkil »

Hi thanks for all help , One Quistion , ,Do i hawe to consider crank rotation whenn i make scavage outlets boxes on the sump , motor fitted transverse on my X 1/9, 3 stage Titan type 2 pump , Scavage pickups present located L R and each end off sump , and center fitted on sump.small boxes. Worrid about drainage off the sump, Ove thorkildsen Oslo.
GC_41
Guy Croft
Site Admin

Post by Guy Croft »

i WILL NEED A PHOTO OVE
Guy Croft, owner
Guy Croft
Site Admin

Post by Guy Croft »

any time this year Ove!

G
Guy Croft, owner
torkil

Post by torkil »

Hi mr Croft , Thanks for previus conversation , , Status after long development and modification , All hoses and bends are inspected The Hydroskann hose has no wrinkels inside a ,,Not a single 90 degrees bend , 19 mm inside for pressure and scavage . Proper Mocal Filter adaptor , reworked inside , ,not a sharp egde inside , Filter from W V Passat, Pump gravity filled on half tank 3,5 liter , running oil quantity 7 liters , no oil cooler, , Well last trackday the pressure droped abrutly on long strait to under 1,5 bar switched off ,and was towed off, Afther a half houer stated again and pressure was good again, Well my first thought was foming in the tank , Ok , the tank was cutted in two halwes and and fitted with more baffeles and modified swirrel pot. All modifications done afther a combination off all reputable fabricants, Next thaught was jammed adjustible pressure adjuster valve, Two off my friends hawe inspected the set up and plumbing , can not see anything wrong ,Tested on long strait far away from traffic today Same thing again , Can also happens on idle high ide , Ha i am alredy grey in my hair , so it can t get worse . OVE
GC_41
Guy Croft
Site Admin

Post by Guy Croft »

hi Ove

good report. Well done.

I can only assume by this time that there must be an engine internal problem eg: crank/bearings ..

GC
Guy Croft, owner
zdrafko51

Post by zdrafko51 »

Hello, I to have problem with oil pressure with dry sump system, also having titan pump. The engine is Fiat 2l TC, rebuilt. After long inspection, problem is air in oil. When oil is fresh, after standing still for few minutes you have good pressure, but when pump recirculate whole tank problem start to rise. My oil starts to drop pressure from 4,5 bar at 4500 rpm to just under 3 bar and you cannot get it up. Tray to run it in neutral for some time and than fast open your oil tank and pul the oil with a small pump or something like that. Where did you buy tank. My tank is made by myself (it contains 6l of oil + oil in system it has a little over 7l, that should be sufficient) and it is very tall and it has spiral swirl in it but it can not separate air from oil. I think that it must be fitted with centrifugal air separator. Is there someone that can confirm that it has passive air separator that works good?

Thank you!
GC_57
zdrafko51

Post by zdrafko51 »

Update,
We found out that we had cavitation. Our feed pipes where AN-10 size, so we will upgrade it to AN-12 and we will upgrade tank to ahfabrication 2.5 gallon. Main problem is to small feed hose, because our oil tank is in the boot and gravity can not supply sufficient amount of oil trough an-10 line. Our engine needs a bit more oil because cam shafts bearings are bad, will deal with that latter...
GC_57
UKM

Post by UKM »

Interesting ,
Where there any conclusions ???