SIZE MATTERS! Photos - this means YOU!

Post pics of your car in here
Guy Croft
Site Admin

SIZE MATTERS! Photos - this means YOU!

Post by Guy Croft »

Please, please, do not post massive photos!
The picture below is only about 30KB and perfectly viewable.

EDIT YOUR PHOTOS!

Huge photos? 400KB plus? Well, only people with broadband can see them clearly, for the rest of us including me it means waiting 10 minutes while they download and then finding the picture is too grainy to see anything clearly. It's nothing to do with my server capacity, that is unlimited.

If you disregard this - you might just find your photos missing next time you check in to see them. Sorry etc.

GC
Attachments
My friend Ashley's garage.JPG
My friend Ashley's garage.JPG (33.29 KiB) Viewed 38195 times
SirYun

Post by SirYun »

I you don't have somethink heavy duty like photoshop on hand to properly resize your images you can use this:

http://www.resize2mail.com/
Joost M. Riphagen
smckeown

Re: SIZE MATTERS! Photos - this means YOU!

Post by smckeown »

I post 'not small' images, but they are compressed to a filesize many times smaller in Kb size than the original. So this will loads extra fast with just a slight loss in picture quality
205 8v Track car
Guy Croft
Site Admin

Post by Guy Croft »

Pixresizer is what I use mostly, free download at:

http://bluefive.pair.com/downloads.htm

This programme saves the resized photo under a new name automatically (with the new size tacked on the end) so you won't accidentally overwrite the original.

Always double-check the photo after uploading and do it again if it's no good.

GC
Giulio

Post by Giulio »

Hi Guy;
I was wondering.... in order to allow fast viewing of the forum's pages, is it also possible to upload pick's prewievs using for exemple services like Imageshack and others ?
Usually the preview has the direct link to the full image, in an external web page.
I see that some user used this way of posting images, but I want you to confirm if it is possible and allowed here.
Thanks.
Bye.

Giulio
Guy Croft
Site Admin

Post by Guy Croft »

Thanks for asking but use of external hosting for photos is never going to be allowed. When I click on a photo I don't want to see another website possibly filled with popups and ads I want to see the photo right here on the website.

I expect members to take time, as I do, to use the site upload facility. This is a site Protocol which you have assured me you have read:

"3. Don't write posts that contain links and lots of 'abbreviations'
They are likely to get deleted without notice. I don't want this site filled up with links. Links to other sites, to videos etc may only be used with PRIOR permission by email or PM from me, and then when no other method of conveying the information is possible. DO NOT Photoshop/bucket and other image hosting - use the site photo upload facility please. "

I am very sorry if I have actually misunderstood your question - but otherwise hope it answers your enquiry.

GC
Giulio

Post by Giulio »

Hi Guy, thanks for you answer.
There is no problem about it.
I read the protocols when i signed, and I perfectly agree with you.
I asked before and I made this question only because, as I said, even if the protocol do not allow image hosting, I noticed some pictured linked in that way through the forum.
Personally I consider the upload utility of the forum simple and quick to use.

Giulio
PumaPhil

Post by PumaPhil »

Hi,

For those of you of the Mac persuasion, it is very easy to resize pictures with no need for additional software. The guide is here:

http://www.wikihow.com/Resize-Pictures-(for-Macs)

Phil
GC-05
'If you think experts are expensive, you should try amateurs!'

A redline run my GC's engine: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80nEhsJbH2w
tommilton

Post by tommilton »

Another really easy way to provide low res photos is to just take your picture with your phone, and send it to yourself by email and post from there. Unless you are trying to take a photo of a very small detail this works fine.

regards
Tommilton
Robbie13

Post by Robbie13 »

First post - better try to be usefull !

Personally I use FastStone Image Viewer. It has a simple "tag" function - when you are browsing through photos, you use a keyboard shortcut to tag the photos you plan to convert to be more appropriate for online upload and viewing. When you are done tagging photos, you can simply convert, rename and move them to a separate folder.

Robert
GC_107