Lancia Integrale Evo 1

Post pics of your car in here
1NRO

Lancia Integrale Evo 1

Post by 1NRO »

It's not finished but I thought I'd post some pictures of my main project at the minute. It has taxed my limited knowledge and tried my patience but I 'll not be beaten and there will be an end.
This is the second time I've reached this stage of assembly due to it being fully submerged in the flood we had in Carlisle January 2004. I'm thankful really as it's better now than the first time but my bank account would tell you different :!:
The shell has had all underseal removed along with any metal that could be and then weighed down with the roll cage and several strenghtening plates along with seam welding in all areas. A non sunroof roofskin has replaced the original. Many hours of preparation and painting by myself have it looking crisp.
All original suspension arms have being replaced with bespoke fabrications using a combination of sperical and rose joints at the pickup points. The dampers are Bielstien as worn by the tarmac works cars. Ride comfort is somewhat compromised.
Brakes are 4 pot Alcons that take a 328x35 at the front with 3 pot Alcons that take a 298x28 at the rear. A balance bar pedal box and hydraulic handbrake link them together.
Bespoke fuel cell incorporating the swirlpot that hangs below the boot floor with twin pumps will supply the go goes.
The engine is consuming all my effort at the minute and really is straining the brain. I want to do the rest of the car justice. It will run using a GEMS ECU.
The pictures show more, I could become boring if I continue any longer.

Nik Osborne
Last edited by 1NRO on January 1st, 2007, 10:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
biz

Post by biz »

Brilliant cars!

Good choice with the rose-joints

What is your estimates for the engine before its done and ready to fire?

I am a huge fan on the integrale
Especilly the S4
And i have seen one in the martini colors at BTCC in september at brands hatch :)
1NRO

Post by 1NRO »

I'm afraid I'm blinkered when it comes to Integrales, I just love them.

Not sure what you mean by estimates for engine, cost or spec?

Basically a small fortune with every effort to do it once and do it right. Spec is new everything with thought towards the unit as a whole. I'd love it to be driveable.

I did think of painting it in Martini colours but I'm really not brave enough to drive such a bling machine ;-)

Nik
JB

Post by JB »

Nik,

I like your car and look forward to more updates and details. I love Integrales and have always wanted to do one with tarmac suspension.

I would keep the paint subtle (standard).

John
16V Fiat Minor
1NRO

Post by 1NRO »

Thanks John,

It means a lot to me to hear your thoughts, I hold your work in high regard.

The colour is as used by Renault Motorsport, straight off the Lechler scheme (white as white can be) and blinding in the sun. The only paint left to be done is to paint the back 6" of the bonnet and around the windscreen in satin black. This continues the black and white theme that just kind of happened.

I have a carbon bonnet that really is very poor in quality but VERY light that I'll have to spend forever painting until I'm happy (very fussy) but that can wait until the car runs and I can concentrate on composite doors to complement. 14kg saving in the bonnet alone and loads to be saved if i can do doors too.

Regards

Nik
An update on the front, so I can see :-)
1969race125

Post by 1969race125 »

Wow - you will certainly be able to see! Won't those bulbs restrict your cooling though, sitting right in front of the radiator grill? Or is there more room underneath them than it looks in the picture?
1NRO

Post by 1NRO »

The lower egde of the lamp pod has a 4" gap to allow airflow as well as the lamp mounting area having lots of 2"ish holes to allow airflow. It's unfortunatly too valuable to use really, more a show accessory. The lamps are the same ones fitted to the 037 Group B machinery.

Nik
Infectus-Guy

Post by Infectus-Guy »

Nice one, that's really tidy. I think i recognise your name off the dephi evo forum right? Never realised you had such a minter! :)
Guy
KOSTAS XENAKOS

Post by KOSTAS XENAKOS »

Nice Strut and Body Work!

Good luck at the rest!

Regards.
1NRO

Post by 1NRO »

KOSTAS XENAKOS wrote:Nice Strut and Body Work!

Good luck at the rest!

Regards.
Hello,

Thanks for the kind comments, still no updates worth posting but all in good time. I'll accept your offer of good luck, I'll be needing it ;-)

Just been looking through your website, a fine collection of all things Integrale, well done. Saved in my favourites.

Nik
Guy Croft
Site Admin

Post by Guy Croft »

Leave the 'Evo forum' where it belongs, respected members, thanks.

GC