Fiat Tempra 2.0 TC Turbo from Brazil

Post pics of your car in here
Fahrell

Fiat Tempra 2.0 TC Turbo from Brazil

Post by Fahrell »

Hi, I'm from Brazil and since 1998 own a Fiat tempra 2.0 twincam turbo.
Have heard of the legend Guy Croft and now I finally noticed that you have a forum ! great ! registered as fast as I can :)

we have extreme difficulties here in brazil, nobody wants or knows how to tune Fiat engines... at least the tempra 2.0 twincam... almost all small engines used in competitions here are VW 2.0

I use my car eventually in drag racing events and my best time is 11.49" including reaction time, at a 300m strip. my car is complete, daily-use street car, weighting at least the stock 1300kg.

my engine is the old 2.0 Fiat/Lancia twincam, the one without the counterrotative balancers, 8v, stock cross flow head, stock pistons, rods, and all the engine parts except the T4 modified garret turbo, 3" exhaust, modified injectors for alchool needs and one extra injector controlled by a piggyback module who also controls the timing retard under pressure, and with a spark amplifier, both from a local manufacturer, cmracing.

I hope to know better one of my idols from the automotive world. Unfortunately I'm too far away to have my engine modified from an expert like you. But I'll try to do my best here, under what I learn from you...

I have many videos from my car posted in youtube, just look at my account there:

http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=fahrell
Last edited by Fahrell on January 3rd, 2007, 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Andr’‚© Farkatt
Fahrell

Post by Fahrell »

and here I have some pictures of it:

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image ImageImage Image Image
Andr’‚© Farkatt
Fahrell

Post by Fahrell »

Last week had some updates to the car...

- Installed a second Bosch external fuel pump, treated for ethanol use, in series with the original one

- Cleaned the catcher, it's becoming to clog because the alchool corrosion on my 11 years old fuel reservatory... next step is replacing it...

- Installed a second rochester fuel injector, driven by the same controller made by a local manufacturer (MEG, CM Racing)

- replaced the nylon tecnyl supports with original rubber ones, less grip, more street use

- replaced all fuel lines with 10mm tubbing

- reinforced the spark plugs and cable isolation due to HT leaks because the spark CDI amplifier is too strong

- tried to tune the new extra fuel "doubled" capacity, with no succes yet... maybe I'll need to change the rochester injector to smaller ones. Even with 1,5 bar the car is still "fat" when the extra injectors begin to pulse.

That's all... I'll try to take some pictures and post here...
Andr’‚© Farkatt
Ayrton Serdna

Post by Ayrton Serdna »

Congratulations for your car, it‚´s very nice, there a lots of Tempra in my country but not with turbo. I hope some day i can upgrade my engine with a turbo like yours.
Can you tell me how can I do the mixture of alcohol with fuel? how many acohol with how many fuel?

Thanks and congratulations again for your job in your car.

Regards!

Andrew.
Fahrell

Post by Fahrell »

Hi Ayrton, I use 100% hidratated alchool from fuel pumps available on the streets normally here in Brasil, It's Ethanol from sugar cane.

You can mix it in any ratio you want, but the fuel can't rest for a long time in the tank with the car stopped, because the water in the alchool will separate from the gasoline. But only if you keep it stopped for a long time...

Glad to see people from argentina here too... many parts for tempra comes from there...
Andr’‚© Farkatt
Fahrell

Post by Fahrell »

Here is a picture of my set of manifold/head/turbo just before assembly on the engine after a gasket exchange...

sorry, it's the only picture I have made...

the turbo is a garret TO04e a/r .60/.50 and it's not the one that came originally in this engine, it's bigger...

And you can notice that this head is the 8v Fiat twincam, made in Argentina, with the distributor placed in the exhaust cam support. Don't know exactly which european twincam it is copied from, as they look pretty much the same for me at the pictures, slight variations on distributor placement (or lack of) and shape of the combustion chamber/ducts only....
Andr’‚© Farkatt