Marlin Roadster

Post pics of your car in here
tiyen

Marlin Roadster

Post by tiyen »

I've owned and driven my Marlin Roadster kit car for about 6 years, and have enjoyed numerous road trips in it all around the UK and as far afield as Eastern Europe.

The car was assembled about 20 years ago using Trimph Herald running gear, and is powered by an unmodified 1585 twin cam from a 131 through a Fiat 5 speed box.

In the summer of 2006, I rebuilt the engine with the very kind assistance and guidance of GC. During the build process, it was great to have a chance to spend a few hours visiting him in the Lincoln workshop on a couple of occasions, and learn invaluable information about these engines as well as enjoy a nice chat.

So far, I'm certainly enjoying being mobile again in the Marlin (it's my only car), and it's been very rewarding to learn so much during the build process.

There's a short video of the rebuild on youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11gEWqhDsUo

Many more photos on http://www.tiyen.com as well. (be sure to look in the "berlin" and "UK 2005" folders as well as the "marlin" section)

Regards,
Ty
Attachments
MNA 2G near Rutland Water.
MNA 2G near Rutland Water.
mna2g_rutland_640.jpg (46.92 KiB) Viewed 5209 times
Up and over!
Up and over!
mna2g_hoist.jpg (61.88 KiB) Viewed 5209 times
Easy does it...
Easy does it...
mna2g_ease.jpg (56.91 KiB) Viewed 5209 times
In the town of Osno, Poland. Big road trip around Europe in the summer of 2005.
In the town of Osno, Poland. Big road trip around Europe in the summer of 2005.
mna2g_poland.jpg (66.4 KiB) Viewed 5209 times
cheitane2003

Post by cheitane2003 »

Hey!
Phantastic car, phantastic travel and maravellous wine colletion!!!
It must be a pleasure to practise such a restoration like this in that atmosphere.
Best regards!