Seasons Greetings to all members and Readers from GC

Post pics of your car in here
Guy Croft
Site Admin

Seasons Greetings to all members and Readers from GC

Post by Guy Croft »

As the year draws to a close I would like to wish all members and readers a Happy Christmas and a prosperous New Year.

This has been one of the hardest years I have ever known in my professional life, with needless and empty economic chaos all over the planet and those of us who run our own businesses left to 'sink or swim'.

In that regard - thank you so very much to everyone who bought from GCRE this year - UK and abroad - including Netherlands, Belgium, Germany, France, Poland, Switzerland, Italy, Greece, Spain, Australia, South Africa, Ireland, New Zealand, USA, Colombia, Canada to name just a few. GCRE depends on export. One can only hope that next year will bring an upturn in fortune for those of us who take a pride and interest in what we do.

Thanks also to all the members who actively contributed to the site during 2011. Yes, I read every single post and enjoyed every one of them. In an increasingly confined and dull world you have offered a delightful mixture of fun, interest and expertise to so many people and encouraged them to have a go at what you're doing. I know this from the intro letters and phone calls I get. Well done indeed.

My very best wishes to all of you.

Yours very sincerely,

G
TomLouwrier

Re: Seasons Greetings to all members and Readers from GC

Post by TomLouwrier »

Hello Guy,

It's us, the members, who must take our hats off to you for having this place. Thank you for putting up the site and putting up with us.
Isn't it fascinating to be able to discuss cars and engines with people from all over Europe, the States, South America, Asia and Down Under? Imagine that 15 years ago...

As you say, 2011 has been a very harsh year economically. 'Sink or swim' is a mild way of putting it.
I'll be frank and say that, every once in a while, being able to come here and participate in the various threads has been a way of letting off steam, then soldier on again.

This year it didn't happen and I'm not sure about next year either, but I will come over to Lincoln some day to get that cam shaft and head gasket. Or bearing shells. Or whatever. But it'll nice to shake hands and meet in person. Have a cuppa. Talk politics maybe.

So a Very Merry Christmas to you, to mrs. C and those that are close to you.

And to all fellow members here: have yourself a very good one, best of luck and prosperity in 2012!

See you soon.
Tom
GC_29
LanciaNut69

Post by LanciaNut69 »

TomLouwrier wrote:Hello Guy,

It's us, the members, who must take our hats off to you for having this place. Thank you for putting up the site and putting up with us.
Isn't it fascinating to be able to discuss cars and engines with people from all over Europe, the States, South America, Asia and Down Under? Imagine that 15 years ago...

As you say, 2011 has been a very harsh year economically. 'Sink or swim' is a mild way of putting it.
I'll be frank and say that, every once in a while, being able to come here and participate in the various threads has been a way of letting off steam, then soldier on again.

This year it didn't happen and I'm not sure about next year either, but I will come over to Lincoln some day to get that cam shaft and head gasket. Or bearing shells. Or whatever. But it'll nice to shake hands and meet in person. Have a cuppa. Talk politics maybe.

So a Very Merry Christmas to you, to mrs. C and those that are close to you.

And to all fellow members here: have yourself a very good one, best of luck and prosperity in 2012!

See you soon.
Tom
+1

Happy Christmas all and here's to a better year in 2012!

All the best

Darren
Book #435
4v6

Post by 4v6 »

Well said Tom, very much better than I could have.

Best wishes with a very happy Christmas and Prosperous (and busy I hope) New Year to all.

Tony.
Tony Warren. GC #96.
fingers99

Post by fingers99 »

Happy Christmas everyone, I can't put it any better than Tom.
GC_06
Rich Ellingham

Post by Rich Ellingham »

Best wishes for 2012 Crofty!

Rich
book 38
DeltaDave

Post by DeltaDave »

All my best wishes to Guy, Natalia and family, lets hope we have a better 2012

Dave
Urbancamo

Post by Urbancamo »

Wish you very best Guy, keep up the absolutely brilliant work.

Happy oncoming new year for all enthusiasts.

Tommi the Finn
GC_25
Brit01

Post by Brit01 »

Merry Christmas everyone and have a prosperous new year from Uruguay, South America.

Chris
mark allison

Post by mark allison »

Hello Guy and best wishes for the new year to you. I've been absent from the site lately due to health issues, but as always I appreciate your hosting of this site. I regularly direct people here even though I haven't been posting lately, so I hope some of them have become active contributors
Biancorally

Post by Biancorally »

Best wishes for 2012!

Daniel
GC_17
Alejoint

Post by Alejoint »

All the best to you Mr. Croft and GCRE forum members in this new year.
nassim131

Post by nassim131 »

I wish Guy, his firm and all the members all the best in this 2012 year.

Continue the perfect job your doing and Lord bless you all...

Merry christmas and a very happy new year 2012

yours truly
Nassim (Book#327)