Guy Croft Lada Riva Twin Cam replica

Post pics of your car in here
badlyworntoy

Re: Guy Croft Lada Riva Twin Cam replica

Post by badlyworntoy »

Nick/Tommi

Thanks for your kind words they're deeply appreciated.

Funny thing is I want to build another one, everywhere I look I can see Improvments (engine excluded of course)

Nix
nickp

Post by nickp »

No probs Nix you've built an outstanding car there fella, and I'd love to see it in the flesh. I don't suppose you're coming to PPC in the park are you? If you didn't know it's a track day / motorsport show held at Mallory Park on May 18th. The Montecarlo Consortium have a 'stand' in the paddock area and you're more than welcome to join us as an honorary member, seeing as you share the same Lampredi Twin-Cam. The Lada will certainly get plenty of attention and you can even take it on track if that's your thing?
Guy Croft
Site Admin

Post by Guy Croft »

that is a generous invite Nick,

G
Guy Croft, owner
Simon

Post by Simon »

nickp wrote:No probs Nix you've built an outstanding car there fella, and I'd love to see it in the flesh. I don't suppose you're coming to PPC in the park are you? If you didn't know it's a track day / motorsport show held at Mallory Park on May 18th. The Montecarlo Consortium have a 'stand' in the paddock area and you're more than welcome to join us as an honorary member, seeing as you share the same Lampredi Twin-Cam. The Lada will certainly get plenty of attention and you can even take it on track if that's your thing?
Our club usually orgainsies and runs the autotest at that show too; you need to come and give the beast a thrash around the cones!
GC_15
nickp

Post by nickp »

Guy Croft wrote:that is a generous invite Nick,

G
Why not drag yourself away from the workbench and come along too Guy? There'll be a few familiar faces including Steve H, Eric W etc etc.
Guy Croft
Site Admin

Post by Guy Croft »

yes, thanks Nik

one day when my divorce is final and I get shot of the huge mortgage I am saddled with I might actually get a life back....

G
Guy Croft, owner
badlyworntoy

Post by badlyworntoy »

Nick

If you tell him he can wear his Boer War medals he'll go.

With regards to me I'll see closer the time, Its a long hike and i'd have to trailer up for something that distance. Regardless of the logistics though its a kind offer from yourself and the Monte consortium...... if I can, I'll go

Thanks very much

Nix
nickp

Post by nickp »

Guy Croft wrote:yes, thanks Nik

one day when my divorce is final and I get shot of the huge mortgage I am saddled with I might actually get a life back....

G
Ahh c'mon GC it's only a little living. if you fetch a couple of cyl heads we can wittle away at them around the camp fire over a few beers / wines.
nickp

Post by nickp »

badlyworntoy wrote:Nick

If you tell him he can wear his Boer War medals he'll go.

With regards to me I'll see closer the time, Its a long hike and i'd have to trailer up for something that distance. Regardless of the logistics though its a kind offer from yourself and the Monte consortium...... if I can, I'll go

Thanks very much

Nix
Really Nix? Such a fine machine can't make it from 'Boro to Mallory under its own steam mate? It looks so good, it really needs driving. A mate has to drive my Monte down so I can tow my camper thingy so we have some mod-cons - music, camp-fire, bbq etc etc It'll be a good do and don't forget your 70's outfit for Saturday nights disco if you do make it.
badlyworntoy

Post by badlyworntoy »

Its not the reliability Nick, its a very raw car and I'd end up half dead if I drove it to mallory park and back and did a track session in between.

I bought my 2010 Citroen Relay and Brian James trailer and employ a logistics man so I don't have to drive it big distances. I also know that I'll definatley get there and back that way aswell (asleep)

Nix
nickp

Post by nickp »

badlyworntoy wrote:Its not the reliability Nick, its a very raw car and I'd end up half dead if I drove it to mallory park and back and did a track session in between.

I bought my 2010 Citroen Relay and Brian James trailer and employ a logistics man so I don't have to drive it big distances. I also know that I'll definatley get there and back that way aswell (asleep)

Nix
Fair one Nix, can't fault you. As I say it'd be great if you could make it with the car. You'd need to book tickets on the PPC website and let me know so I can make sure our paddock are is big enough for us all.
Steve H

Post by Steve H »

Hi Nick
I sadly have to say that I have two options for that weekend, neither involve Mallory, 1, trip to the US with work, 2, have surgery on my knee.
I have already booked and paid for Saturday night and a track ticket, if Nix wants them he can have them FOC.

Nick if Nix can't use them then you might know someone that does.

Steve
GC_37
badlyworntoy

Post by badlyworntoy »

Steve

Yes if them Tickets are still Available I'll take them please

Im in Northampton with the car the day before so might aswell rock on up at Mallory park.....would be rude not to I suppose.

I'll see You Sat anyway at HQ

Nix
nickp

Post by nickp »

Nice one Nix. We'll be getting to Mallory about Friday tea-time hopefully and camping both nights. I'll pm you my number in case you need to know anything else.
Will01

Post by Will01 »

Whilst i was doing my weekly shop last night with my wife i did find myself going in search of the magazine aisle. Then picked up a copy of retro cars and gave the article a good read over. Very cool stuff Nix, the car looks great and you can see that you have gone into a great level of detail with the build. I would love to see this car in the flesh, maybe i will at some point.
Have to say the article was very well put together and complemented your car nicely.
GC_21