Lancia Delta integrale 8v kat

Post pics of your car in here
delta303

Lancia Delta integrale 8v kat

Post by delta303 »

Hi GC / All ..
I Finally got some time to upload some photos and info's .

If anyone has questions please ask , Im happy to share info and progress..
This is my only car , so it has to be running all year around , that hasent been the case for many reasons along the way 7 years or so now..
Remapped so to try to save fuel currently and preserve engine , still working on it as still 20MPG or less uhmmm.
Coming up 140000 miles now , and something like half of that completed by me.
I dread to think what that is in liters.

Here's some photos and tech of the car and some work that has been completed also :)
Lancia delta integrale 8v kat MOT day 22Dec!!
Lancia delta integrale 8v kat MOT day 22Dec!!
file-9.jpg (149.81 KiB) Viewed 10747 times
Car so far ,

GC head work full blueprint , cut valves and GC guides
etc + 8v integrale turbo Exhaust cam + NA inlet cam.
Guy has a link to the head work photos.

Spesso group A gasket , with New head bolts GC supplied . . . BHP approx 200 i.e standard road.
Fitted New main bearings , and some other AUX parts , belts , tensioners , all of it . . inc new alternator + water pump.
Uprated fuel pump , NOT walbro well it was once it failed + uprated intank pipes.
NGK colder plugs etc , 8mm cosworth HT leads for EDIS No coil lead required.

Swiss Regulation EGR system removed / Swiss Fuel Charcoal system removed / Swiss Exhaust KAT removed.
17 inch Compomotive replica Speedline wheels with 225 35 Falcon tyres , I recommend these over Hcook Ask..
Alloy strut brace bars front and rear uppers. I can tell you this improves tyre wear x100 , best spent money £ for £.
4 wheel alignment , had this made many times - no change in effect or wear, waste of time - brace fixed all tyre issues . .

Replaced all engine and temp sensors. Including Crank & Lambda sensors "All damaged or defective in some way".
An Ohm meter for testing is not the answer .. Change these if you haven't already if in any doubt.
Just one to go now Cam sensor see EDIS REV counter possible fault??
I will update this cause and effect once I know cause..

RFI EMI seems to be cause . Ferrite's need to be installed.

Designed and fitted Alloy EVO front head lights and Xeon packs :) 7 years of poor lighting and MOT night mares requires a I'll do it myself attitude...
Designed and replaced inner window brackets for alloy supports, again a problem no one wanted to fix .
OEM EVO alloy rear spoiler weighs hardly anything .. Customized front grille EVO2 mesh etc.

Replaced almost every AUX nut / bolt and screws for stainless steel. NOTE : NOT LOAD BEARING parts etc.
Turbo full recon T3 turbo technics 360 ball race. It works. Will produce 1.6bar at 3000RPM if ever required.
Super sprint back box , will be replaced for stainless in a few years time , still good condition.
New custom stainless Exhaust fitted as OEM , however 2.5 inch from Turbo to back box , one single piece , needs ramp to remove though :/.
Rear of car welded painted and repaired please see photos.
New brakes all round including pipework front to rear , pipes each corner , disks=third set now, rear calipers replaced ,
will exchange rears for something other than OEM as still handbrake issues any ideas welcome??

New water rad rebuilt entire assembly with stainless nuts bolts washers and Rust proofed as best I could , oil sender replaced , replaced all pipe work throughout. inc fuel , air , turbo and so on + Home brew Twin OEM oil cooler mod , it does lower oil temps to around 70c normal driving 100 pushed harder.
OEM like but top Adjustable suspension , set to all the way soft , as - see 17inch wheels & ride + alloy / Rose jointed top mounts all round .
Replaced All wheel bearings at least twice , these do need to be fitted correctly.

Sills work in progress to replace sills for new / Repainting and rust proofing underside of car now around 50% completed.
Wheel arches and surrounding areas also to be rust proofed repaired as needed and protected , rear completed.
Front lower chassis legs behind 50mm grommets , this is a rust area you want to check each year. Fully replaced & repaired .

ECU upgrade Full RP labs IAW ECU + 2.5bar map sensor ECU adjusted ECU needs to be adjusted ASK, wasted spark EDIS , New / Bigger injectors remapped for standard running and 1bar boost.
Fitted 2.5 bar 16v fuel regulator to suit bigger high ohm injectors for my needs & lower flow rate , also pump works less. Fuel pressure gauge fitted also.
The standard 8v Fuel regulator is a 3bar type normally paired up with smaller low ohm injectors.

Wideband controller and sensor fitted with 5v ECU output to RPlabs ECU for complete on road data logs including Wide band Air fuel ratio vs RPM vs Boost and more.
I currently have a RPM / Rev counter bouncing needle issue on the over run any ideas welcome...
Adjusted crank sensor to 0.7mm no change , waiting for new cam sensor to arrive to see if fixes problem.
Will update once solution found .

Uprated engine mount lower rear center , reinforced . . also some PFLEX suspension bushes where fitted.
Repaired Wing mirrors controls , WD40 yes it was easy , re-fixed one cable , soaked lubed ,its something iv put off for years for the fear of complexity .

I Installed new wiring , a large earth cable front to rear , picks up all major earth points from engine to battery front to rear lighting earth points of car.
Repaired numerous wiring faults , with Sensor plugs and connectors etc , Door switches and Central locking wires , I also replaced as many AUX lamps , dash , indicator repeaters lamps and interior lighting with low power LED's in the OEM positions , all looks standard uses less power , mostly brighter.. :)
The check panel is a pain and stops some replacements from being made or worth being adding resistors would defeat the point and use just as much power.

Installed quick release battery terminals , very handy on this car + several New car batteries I can post part number of current type i.e Pleased with if needed, it also fits in the standard mounts and has extra amps and rating. Avoid Bsch batteries Iv had a few and they have all failed..

Fitted front under bonnet air duct , it can aid air flow esp in summer. I also fitted a basic low cost solar charger for the car battery that's now wired in , it works well or at least just enough.

I also Installed a manual on off switch for the RAD fan's HI speed ON via relay . . again saves battery power as can cool before engine off . This high speed relay only seems to come on if your engine has already melted at about 140c. I may fit another type of RAD stat at some point to make better use of the cooling fan.
It does work ok this way at the moment and is only needed in traffic on a very hot day or after a hard drive just before turning off the engine.

I Installed switches for ABS disarm , Launch control arm x2 and ALS bang bang - handy on Nov 5th :)
Repaired and made good sun roof + Installed ejector seat for passenger side only.
Approx. 30k spent in 7 years on basics and no bling... So beware.

A small amount of .. welding /  lead welding and repairs to rear , know rust areas . all fixed now .
A small amount of .. welding / lead welding and repairs to rear , know rust areas . all fixed now .
file-4.jpg (236.58 KiB) Viewed 10742 times
Prep for lead welding , on the rear lower sections . And no it does not add any weight to the car , about 200grams.
Prep for lead welding , on the rear lower sections .
Prep for lead welding , on the rear lower sections .
file-3.jpg (178.56 KiB) Viewed 10746 times
repainting and repairs , summer 2010
Repainting and repairs , summer 2010
Repainting and repairs , summer 2010
file-7.jpg (193.9 KiB) Viewed 10746 times
More painting and repairs .
file-6.jpg (170.88 KiB) Viewed 10746 times
Doing whats required and very often.
Doing whats required and very often.
file-8.jpg (126.62 KiB) Viewed 10742 times
Removal of rust areas to be replaced with new thicker metal worked sheet panel , welded in place and rust treated / painted .
Removal of rust areas to be replaced with new thicker metal panel , welded in place and rust treated / painted .
Removal of rust areas to be replaced with new thicker metal panel , welded in place and rust treated / painted .
file-5.jpg (145.1 KiB) Viewed 10746 times
This was a few years back see 15inch wheels with 205 width , now 225 35 17 , its a more firm bumpy ride now :/
Out of experience , If you want new wheels and some comfort go for 16inchs rims , paintwork looking a little better back then too.
Photo from a few years back around 2004 , paintwork looking a little better back then  .
Photo from a few years back around 2004 , paintwork looking a little better back then .
file-2.jpg (193.16 KiB) Viewed 10747 times
I Hand made and re-designed these EVO lights assemblies , testing and fitting to car early 2011 , Front end also rust tested & re-painted.
I Hand made and re-designed these EVO lights assemblies , testing and fitting to car early 2011 , Front end also rust tested & re-painted.
P1010001.JPG (208.76 KiB) Viewed 10749 times
New home brew - aluminum "O" Marine rated EVO lights with XEON packs installed early 2011.
New home brew - alloy "O" Marine rated EVO lights with XEON packs installed 2011
New home brew - alloy "O" Marine rated EVO lights with XEON packs installed 2011
file-13.jpg (159.47 KiB) Viewed 10746 times
Alloy EVO headlights .
This took some doing I can tell you.
Alloy EVO headlights , Built in a shed in the UK :)<br />This took some doing I can tell you .
Alloy EVO headlights , Built in a shed in the UK :)
This took some doing I can tell you .
file-12.jpg (175.74 KiB) Viewed 10746 times
Replaced inner window bracket for new , Hand made alloy again , as the OEM where rusted to nothing , glass windows falling down gets your thinking cap on !
Replaced inner window bracket for new , Hand made alloy again , as the OEM where rusted to nothing , glass windows falling down gets your thinking cap on !
file-10.jpg (216.51 KiB) Viewed 10747 times
A nice thing was , I made a set of those up unknowingly for a ex Lancia works engineer who said , he didn't know wherever to fit to the car or place above the Fireplace as the nice finish gleamed..:) see other photo , I made even better still. .
What was , ... <br />A nice thing was I made a set of those up unknowingly for a ex Lancia works engineer , who said , he din't know wherever to fit to the car or place above the Fireplace as the nice finish..:) see other photo . .
What was , ...
A nice thing was I made a set of those up unknowingly for a ex Lancia works engineer , who said , he din't know wherever to fit to the car or place above the Fireplace as the nice finish..:) see other photo . .
file-11.jpg (273.91 KiB) Viewed 10747 times
Edis Coil packs en-powered by Full RP labs ECU conversion for fully re-mappable ECU on the road via laptop.
Another one of my home brew creations , well someone has to do it ! Ztec coil pack mounted to x2 ignition amps and one piece head sink , fits in STD location  . For wasted spark conversion . &quot;Edis &quot; no distributor.
Another one of my home brew creations , well someone has to do it ! Ztec coil pack mounted to x2 ignition amps and one piece head sink , fits in STD location . For wasted spark conversion . "Edis " no distributor.
file.jpg (169.46 KiB) Viewed 10747 times
Edis Coil + amps heat sink.
Edis Coil + amps heat sink.
edis side.JPG (163.43 KiB) Viewed 10742 times
EDIS coil , moved in to place and reassembling. Fits snug between the ABS pump and the inlet airways. "NO MORE ROTOR ARM WOWS"
EDIS coil , moved in to place , and reassembling .  fits snug between the ABS pump and the inlet airways . &quot;NO MORE ROTOR ARM WOWS&quot;
EDIS coil , moved in to place , and reassembling . fits snug between the ABS pump and the inlet airways . "NO MORE ROTOR ARM WOWS"
file-1.jpg (329.87 KiB) Viewed 10747 times
Checking the Valve clearances Oct 2011 , 8v integrale turbo Exhaust cam + NA inlet cam.
Thanks GC for infos.
Checking the Valve clearances Oct 2011 , Thanks GC for infos.
Checking the Valve clearances Oct 2011 , Thanks GC for infos.
lancia valves09.jpg (133.43 KiB) Viewed 10746 times
Front of car prep and Radiator repairs Jan / Feb 2011 due to salt stone damage to rad / it was reparable.
Front of car prep and Rad repairs Feb 2011
Front of car prep and Rad repairs Feb 2011
prep.JPG (205.21 KiB) Viewed 10746 times
Last edited by delta303 on February 22nd, 2012, 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
GC Book # 385
Guy Croft
Site Admin

Re: Lancia Delta integrale 8v kat

Post by Guy Croft »

This is a worthy post about a smashing project on a historic and sought-after car and it is languishing down the list & getting no attention. I encourage many people to post and when this is what happens it must be pretty disappointing for the owner.

All too often just the tech engine stuff in other threads gets the attention and replies.

I have never said this before but - let's have some interest here please, readers!

G

PS - if your project is getting ignored send me a pm!
delta303

Post by delta303 »

Thanks for the Note GC :)

Do you have a link to the head work photos?

Thanks.

Paul.
GC Book # 385
Guy Croft
Site Admin

Post by Guy Croft »

No but I have them on the backup disc I will see if they are sufficiently good resolution to post.

G
samo

Post by samo »

I have a question for the creator of this fabulous thread.

You mentioned that you repaired the sunroof and that is of great interest to me! I am in a process of restoring my own Delta and the old sunroof seal are more or less gone. Since I don't really fancy using second hand seals I would like to know how you managed to solve this issue?

BR Samo
Limited edition #317
delta303

Post by delta303 »

Ok , thanks GC .

Sun roof.. , no I will perhaps have a similar issue to you in a year or two although it still seals now , that section of the post was purely for fun .

Yes sun roof outer trim or seal , hard to find and maybe harder to fit or make fit , as an educated guess try a local panel beaters / repair garage they may have someone with the experience to compare to other newer cars , its possible a seal from something still in production has suitable .
Sorry I have made no research in this as yet .

I will ask A few people I know in the trade .
GC Book # 385
mitch strada

Post by mitch strada »

Hi Paul, great to see the story of your car here - we live locally and often help each other out
as we both run modded TC'S as everyday cars and are both Fiat / Lancia fans.
I can say (after helping Paul with some mapping) his Delta goes very well.
Attachments
IMG_2315.jpg
IMG_2315.jpg (67.36 KiB) Viewed 10684 times
delta303

Post by delta303 »

Yep thanks Mitch , another sneaky photo :) MOT day today ,

These new style gov documents look pretty dull :)

Inspector quote “ its all looking strong under there” ..

Good job too , Iv managed to repair , halt n kill off the rust problems , pretty much now a non issue..
GC Book # 385
delta303

Post by delta303 »

Problem found and fixed , definitely worth a check if you have an intermittent .

Cam sensor gap setting internal to distributor and Cam sensor connector plug frayed and oxidised wire underneath rubber boot .
Fault
Fault
fit new plug.jpg (179.46 KiB) Viewed 10568 times
Another one bites the dust .
New plug connector
New plug connector
fit new plug 2.jpg (126.24 KiB) Viewed 10568 times
A veritable chinese puzzle of shrink wrap to follow.
loom repair
loom repair
loom repair1.jpg (198.26 KiB) Viewed 10568 times
Loom cut back around 14inch’s and replaced Cam plug + lead , over boost control wires and earthing wiring.
Removed any Brittle insulation / heat damaged cables .

Made new : all soldered / individually shrink wrapped connections.
Loom
Loom
loom repair2.jpg (133.03 KiB) Viewed 10568 times
Crank sensor , Cam sensor , WTS , ATS , Body earths , Overboost : So far in order of importance : Connectors all needed renewal.
Whats remaining , TPS and injectors . Air control solenoid connector and wiring has impressively meatier cables and are AOK . .
GC Book # 385
WhizzMan

Post by WhizzMan »

Proper job!

I had a deja-vu when seeing that busted connection in the cam sensor plug. I've been fooled literally for months by something similar in the power connector for a coil pack. I've been religiously pulling wires on connectors since, to check for this sort of thing.
Book #348
Brit01

Post by Brit01 »

Good job on the wiring. It's the part I dislike most especially as I have an Alfa!
Intermittent problems always. Indicators that have a mind of their own.
Grounding seems to be a main issue with these cars.

My speedometer stopped working for the last trip. I checked the connections from the gearbox, all seemed good, then it was working fine.
Some 'tlc'? Lol who knows?