Fiat family from South Africa

Post pics of your car in here
Fiat124ST

Fiat family from South Africa

Post by Fiat124ST »

Hi all Fiat fans!

I'm Neil from South Africa and I own a 1973 Fiat 124 Special T. In my family we own 6 Fiats which one if is a Fiat Strada Abarth 130TC, its got 36 000 miles and is the only one ever imported to South Africa. We also own 2 South African homologated Fiat 131 Racings, a Fiat 131 Mirafiori race car and a 1991 Fiat Uno Turbo. Me and my family absolutaly love old Fiats and all our cars is in perfect condition. Please see attached fotos of our cars.
Attachments
Photo0065.jpg
Photo0065.jpg (150.39 KiB) Viewed 7609 times
Neal H

Re: Fiat family from South Africa

Post by Neal H »

Brilliant. My father had a couple of 124 Special T's, one a 1973 1.6 5 speed vintage. I think that car sparked my love of cars and engines. Since my fathers fell apart in 1983 I don't think I have ever seen another one on the road in the UK. I think if I did see one I would make an offer on the spot!
Fiat124ST

Post by Fiat124ST »

Hi Neal!
Mine is also a 1973 model. Mines even got the original thick tail pipe and reverse light.

My fathers very first car was a Fiat 124 Special T, he was amazed that a car of that era could have a twin cam engine, disc brakes and a ref counter. Since then he fell in love with Fiats and drove Fiats ever since. Please see attached fotos of our other cars.
Attachments
Photo0162.jpg
Photo0162.jpg (131.06 KiB) Viewed 7502 times
mitch strada

Post by mitch strada »

A wonderful collection of twincam classics!
Fiat124ST

Post by Fiat124ST »

Thanks Mitch!
Our Strada had a problem some time ago that it kept on breaking clutch cables and that small wheel mechanism it was running on. We then imported a new wheel mechanism and clutch cable from a Strada web site and we haven't had a problem with it sins then. We have read before that it was a common problem with the right hand drive models.
Abarthnorway - Remi L

Post by Abarthnorway - Remi L »

Hi Neil!

Absolutely stunning cars You have there!!

Have been a Strada Abarth fan fan since my first rusty Strada 85s - have had 6 of them since then in various states of tune. Fantastic engines and very entertaining drive even in standard form. A pity most of them are driven and/or rusted to pieces by now. Which year is it? 84?

Looks completely original - apart from steering wheel on the "wrong side", and lack of wind deflectors on doors - hoho

Best regards

Remi Lovhoiden
GC_45
Fiat124ST

Post by Fiat124ST »

Thanks Remi!
Yes ours is a 85 model and we took of the wind deflectors because they where faded bad of the sun. It really has a fantastic smooth engine and the close ratio gearing makes it so much fun to drive. I will post some pictures later today.

Neil
mitch strada

Post by mitch strada »

Fiat124ST wrote:Thanks Mitch!
Our Strada had a problem some time ago that it kept on breaking clutch cables and that small wheel mechanism it was running on. We then imported a new wheel mechanism and clutch cable from a Strada web site and we haven't had a problem with it sins then. We have read before that it was a common problem with the right hand drive models.
Ah yes the clutch pulley mechanism the pulley is right behind the exhaust manifold, the heatshield helps but im sure the heat accelerates fatigue in the pulley mech thats bolted to the bulkhead. . . .Glad you got it sorted - ps the strada130.co.uk site you mentioned is mine!