Thotos

131 Sport

Post by Thotos »

:lol:
Attachments
Fiat 131 Sport
Fiat 131 Sport
hugo800.jpg (187.74 KiB) Viewed 17447 times
Last edited by Thotos on June 29th, 2006, 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Guy Croft
Site Admin

Post by Guy Croft »

A very handsome Sport, Thotos, and so rare now. A warm welcome to the new GCRE forum - and thank you very much for posting it. I can see it's British registered - is that you at the wheel? Please tell me more about it.

Sincerely,

GC
Thotos

Post by Thotos »

Hello Guy,

Yes that's me at the wheel of my 131 Sport. :D
The car is fitted with one of your 'fast road' 155bhp engines. That was done many years ago before my ownership of the car. Having also owned and run for many years a 'standard' 131 Sport, I am extremely impressed with your engine modifications/upgrades. It's not just the increase in power that's impressive but I find the improvement in throttle response extremely impressive. The photo was taken at the Bruntingthorpe Proving Ground for an article in Classic Cars magazine. Even though I couldn't quite keep up with the Bentleys that were being tested on the day, I had great fun trying! If you'd like to know anything more, please just ask.

Regards,

Theo Kyriacou
simon131

Post by simon131 »

'Ere Theo, this an old picture! Got any decent ones :roll: :lol: :lol:

If I knew how to post a pic I put a couple of my fleet one here :oops:
Fiat Abarth 131 Rally Stradale
Fiat 131 Racing
Fiat 131 S 1600 (x2)
Fiat 131 CL 1600 Auto
BMW 528i Sport (E39)
BMW 530i SE (Sporting) (E60)
Thotos

Post by Thotos »

It's not THAT old Simon! It was only taken last Summer. I have LOADS of pictures as you know but I won't bore everyone with them. :oops:

Posting pictures here is meant to be very easy and it is. Simply go to the bottom of posting a message where it says "Add an Attachment" and click the BROWSE button to select a photo from your PC and then click ADD ATTACHMENT.
Guy Croft
Site Admin

Post by Guy Croft »

Hi Theo!

What fun, thanks. You see, once in a while I get something right! Do you know who it was built for or the GC number?

GC
Attachments
me and Rob Wadsworth 'all on a summer's day' having a bit of fun with his 037 alternator bracket..
me and Rob Wadsworth 'all on a summer's day' having a bit of fun with his 037 alternator bracket..
RW & eng.jpg (56.77 KiB) Viewed 17280 times
Last edited by Guy Croft on June 27th, 2006, 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
simon131

Post by simon131 »

OK then Theo, here goes. It should be a pic my Arbie at Castle Combe TWO YEARS AGO. So the pic is even older than the one you have posted! :D

When I get to my other computer I'll post a more recent pic. In the mean time I'll start a new posting for my Arbie otherwise you'll accuse me of stealing your thread. :oops:

thank you for now

Simon
Attachments
Dscf0078.jpg
Dscf0078.jpg (67.69 KiB) Viewed 17289 times
Fiat Abarth 131 Rally Stradale
Fiat 131 Racing
Fiat 131 S 1600 (x2)
Fiat 131 CL 1600 Auto
BMW 528i Sport (E39)
BMW 530i SE (Sporting) (E60)
Thotos

Post by Thotos »

I would never accuse you of anything Simon!
In any case, I took that picture of your Arbie... (and I have lots more pictures of your Abarth....) 8)
Guy Croft
Site Admin

Post by Guy Croft »

Arbie, oh dear...! Shame on you Simon!

is that like 'Integrale'.... (my pet hate)!!!

BTW as Fiat Motor Club (GB) 131 Officer (that for the readers) have you discovered anything for me to verify that 131 TC engine number/prod year please? For the poor guy who cannot register his kit car?

GC
Thotos

Post by Thotos »

Guy Croft wrote:Hi Theo!

What fun, thanks. You see, once in a while I get something right! Do you know who it was built for or the GC number?

GC
Guy, you are being unnecessarily far too modest; from all I have heard, you get it right most, if not all, of the time!

I am not sure for whom the engine was built but might be for someone called McLennan way back in 1990 (see test sheet below). The head has since been converted (1995 I think) for use with unleaded fuel. I bought the car in 2002 from John McCann who acquired the car in 1995. The 1995 registration date might have more to do with the fact that the car had a major restoration using a complete shell from a donor car and many new panels.

I believe Mr McCann had another engine built by you sometime in 2000/2001. That engine was meant to go into a 124 Spider once Mr McCann found a suitable car and got my money from buying the 131 to go towards the purchase of the 124. The engine destined for the 124 was sitting looking very pretty in his garage when I went to collect the 131. I also think that was a 180bhp unit (that must be fun in a Spider!)

Theo
Attachments
Engine Test Sheet
Engine Test Sheet
Picture 006.jpg (265.79 KiB) Viewed 17262 times
Last edited by Thotos on June 29th, 2006, 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Guy Croft
Site Admin

Post by Guy Croft »

interesting Theo, thanks!

sure I know that engine, I built it and was with it on test. And all those other guys, I remember them too, funny how things move on. So and engine built to last in true GC style, am I right?

GC
Thotos

Post by Thotos »

You are very much right Guy, engine still going very strong! :D

PS my engine also has one of your big-wing sumps (as you probably remember?) I never realised how much work is involved in making one of those :!:
Guy Croft
Site Admin

Post by Guy Croft »

thanks, that's great.

Big wing sumps hard work - that they are Theo, that they are!

In the end I hiked the price to put people off, having lost a fortune on every one, my own worst enemy ... that won't do, do it again.. was never satisfied..

GC