Lancia Dedra SW Integrale 2000 16VT

Post pics of your car in here
subarkata

Lancia Dedra SW Integrale 2000 16VT

Post by subarkata »

Hi All,

In the next few lines I would like to share one of my projects. It’s a 1995 Lancia Dedra SW Integrale – my daily driver. As you probably know, originally it comes with naturally aspirated 139bhp 2000 cm3 16 valve engine. This I consider to be a big mistake of the manufacturer. Integrales gotta be TURBO! :)

The original engine had 114000 km ( 70836 miles) on the clock but considering the age and the state of the car they were at least twice as much. So I took all the necessary parts from a Fiat Coupe and started rebuilding the engine.

Since it is a 4x4 the front suspension the gearbox and the central diff needed to come off in order to extract the engine.

The crank was inspected and found ok, so a set of standard main and conrod bearings were fitted. I used the crankshaft and the rods from the original engine and fitted the turbo pistons. I’ve swapped the cables for the engine management with the turbo ones and installed the ignition power modules. Installed the left engine mount from the Coupe which is also an oil thermostat

Did some work on the head following advices from Guy’s workshop manual (or so called in our Lancia gearhead society “The Bible”) It was my first attempt in this area so I’m not quite sure about the results. The pictures are from the early stages when I still had the will to do them.

The valve seats were recut for the standard valves. Standard turbo cams were fitted. The exhaust manifold and the turbo (GarrettT3) are the OE. I used inlet manifold and fuel rack from Lancia Kappa 2000 16VT and the original throttle body, so I had to cut the mounting supports for the original manifold on the head, because they get in the way of the injectors. Additionally had to plug some holes, reposition the intake air temperature sensor, make longer throttle cable and reposition the stuff that were originally behind the manifold since there weren’t any space left.

I wanted a front mount intercooler and still wanted the car to be kind of stealthy. The only way to achieve both was to cut the front beam. Don’t mind the white cable supporting the air filter, it’s only temporarily :D

After some minor modifications in order to fit the cooler the bumper was fitted.

Also changed the fuel pump with the turbo one from the Coupe but I plan to change it with bigger one because the custom chip I’m using goes up to 1,5 bar (21,7 psi) of boost. Planning also aftermarket exhaust manifold and T3/T4 hybrid turbo.

Will keep you posted for any other upgrades.

Best regards
Subi
Guy Croft
Site Admin

Re: Lancia Dedra SW Integrale 2000 16VT

Post by Guy Croft »

Interesting to hear your story, well done for 'having a go'!

G
Ev0luti0n_

Re: Lancia Dedra SW Integrale 2000 16VT

Post by Ev0luti0n_ »

Good stuff! And you also have an intercooler just like mine... :)
Looking forward to see more updates!