Lancia Beta 2 L Kit Car Sump Problem

Post pics of your car in here
Williamjbrooks

Lancia Beta 2 L Kit Car Sump Problem

Post by Williamjbrooks »

I finally finished my kit car today after deciding to re-do all the electrics on the car to bring up to standard and improve the under bonnet apperance! I finished it at 6pm today and took it to our local beer festival to show my friends. On the way back at 7ish 100 yards from my house i had a massive blow out causing the tyre to shred and the car to drop thus smashing the sump on the ground ripping a 3 inch hole in it (and my heart).

What do people feel are my options, I have a friend who may be able to weld the sump or where is the best place to get a new or used one?

Thanks

Will
Testament

Re: Lancia Beta 2 L Kit Car Sump Problem

Post by Testament »

Is it a factory Fiat/Lancia sump? - i.e. is it a beta sump? or is the engine mounted longitudinally ala typical front engine rear drive layout?

If it is a factory sump, be it beta, 131/132/124 it should be easy enough to find a replacement second hand one, a forum member might even have one lyring around? I know I've got a few but theres something wrong if you have to get a regular type Fiat/Lancia sump from NZ, I'm sure they sold many more of them in the UK/Europe than here.