Ex K.R. Spitfire MK4 G.C. 131 1600 Volumex .

Post pics of your car in here
TS131Volumex

Ex K.R. Spitfire MK4 G.C. 131 1600 Volumex .

Post by TS131Volumex »

Hello all ,
I purchased this car from a talented young auto engineer Kevin Rendel . Kevin had spent 7 years working on this vehicle to a very high standard . However due to other commitments he reluctantly decided to sell . I owe him a big THANK YOU !
It is to be powered by a 131 1600 Volumex built up by Guy . ( as seen in forum thread on ' New dry sump drive system ' by Guy ) .
There is still a fair amount of work to be done and wanting to retain high standards I have entrusted this work to another talented young man Dave Powell of Ledbury , a Triumph font of Knowledge .
Dave is curently finnishing off his own very fine K series MK 3 Spitfire alongside mine . (shown below ) .
I am hoping Guy will be able to squeeze in finnishing off my engine in March (perhaps).
We still have problems with the dry sump pump fouling the suspension mount and deciding upon the best means of induction set up in a limited space but Dave feels sure these can be overcome .
The car was running a Spitfire rear susspension set up but Dave is converting this to a GT6 system using a T.L.D. ally-housed Quaiffe diff , Canleys uprated drive shafts , Canleys ally lower wishbones , adjustable Avos and rear vented discs still to be decided upon ).
Kevin intended using a Lotus Elise type cooling arangement which we will stick with .
I hope Guy will add a post with engine details as I am no Fiat expert to say the least ,
infact the more I read of Guys book the more I realise how much there is to know .
I shall add more details later .
Matt . ( newy )
http://community.webshots.com/user/Spit ... =community