My Cinquecento Sporting

Post pics of your car in here
Brooky

My Cinquecento Sporting

Post by Brooky »

Hello all, Im new here and this is my cinq(the red one)

Spec list:
Chipped
Induction kit with custom 'bob'
40mm throttle body
Ported inlet manifold and head
C&B 280 cam + vernier cam pulley
4-2-1 exhaust manifold and decat pipe
3.6kg flywheel, done by me

I will hopefully be taking the car off the road in the new year and doing abit of work to it which includes Punto 75 engine,lightened and balanced bottom end, a set of bike throttle bodies with Megasquirt for ECU, and other work to the car like poly bushing the suspension and fitting a full roll cage etc

thank you Tom
Brooky

Re: My Cinquecento Sporting

Post by Brooky »

Since my first post ive had a change of plans and have decided to use a punto 85 16v engine

Stripped the engine down this morning with a bad result
(Sorry if the pictures are too big, i cannot scale them down)

Found this lot hidden up an oil gallery within the crank

No. 3 & 4 big ends gone, centre main bearing gone and thrust washer well gone....so a full set of bearings and a re-grind will be sorted out....and hopfully get it lightened whilst the engine shop is at it
Brooky

Post by Brooky »

So other little updates aswell

These are the throttle bodies ill be using

Got a Megasquirt ECU through the other day aswell

Started installing the roll cage aswell
Walezy

Post by Walezy »

Hello,
To save you problems with starting the engine you need to jumper TSEL to VROUTINV . I had to do it on the same vr sensor that you will be using in your engine.
The other thing what you will need to use in Megasquirt is Alpha N fuelling but i found few bugs with older codes. My working code now is MS2 extra 1.0.2 ( i use MS2 PCB v3.0)
Regards
Tomasz
Book#378
Brooky

Post by Brooky »

Been doing more work on the car: moving the selector box inside, shortening the gear stick and removing the sound proofing from the floor (still abit of work to do)

Also fitted new mirrors and a spare set of wheels i had lying around, I have a second set of the same wheels in mint condition so they'll be going on when ive finished the car

Got abit of electical work to do soon when i get some cable through the post, going to replace all the earths, move the batery to behind the passengers seat(and swap for a varley20 and then fit a cut off switch. Strip out unused wires, relocate the fuse box etc.
Brooky

Post by Brooky »

Finally got a 16v engine in (just an empty block and head tho) and throtle bodies laid in position

The biggest hold up is the lack of space as it is in a barn,which is full off farming machinery and other cars and bits, and the weather
Walezy

Post by Walezy »

If you need a good base map for this engine then I can send you what i have made recently to simmilar engine.
Book#378
Brooky

Post by Brooky »

thank you for that, i'll get in touch with you when i am nearing completion of the car, as im still to find a 1368cc 16v block and sort that out, and ive not dont much on hte megasquirt either...only up to step 22 i think