Toyota Trueno Ae86 1987

Post pics of your car in here
Os7213

Toyota Trueno Ae86 1987

Post by Os7213 »

Hi everyones
This is my Ae86 1987
For now the suspension, direction, differential,brake and body setup is complete.
So the car is equiped with the original motor a 4age 16v 1600cc.
The car is built to have fun on small tracks, touge battle and AutoX events.
The suspension setup is fantastic and react really well for fast 90deg or 180deg turns.

That it!

Thanks
Hugo
Touge monster
pipcars

Ae86

Post by pipcars »

Hi, Looks very well prepared, seem to hold their money in the UK.
thank you Paul.
Guy Croft
Site Admin

Post by Guy Croft »

Hugo, hi

OK, my curiousity is definitely getting the better of me. What is:

'touge battle' ?

GC!
Os7213

Post by Os7213 »

Hi!

Thanks for your comments!

Mr.Croft, Touge (pronounce toe-gu’‚©) is a Japanese word literally meaning "pass." It refer at mountain pass or any winding roads that can be found in and around the mountains or similar area.
Touge battle is a race in mountains against a single opponent.

For touge racing , a race has two stages :an uphill and a downhill battle
One car leads the race during the uphill stage, with the second car leading the downhill. Because most touge races feature narrow tracks, overtaking is extremely difficult and is sometimes impossible.
The lead car wins if the space between the cars increases considerably, while the following car wins if the gap between them stays the same, decreases from start to finish or the following car overtakes the lead car.

These races are sometimes dangerous (especialy in downhill) due to the fact that many curves are 90-180deg and that the roads borders are not equiped with rail guards.
I dont want to say my car is "super" fast on these circuit but I have overtake many times few Nissan Skyline of 400hp+..... So horsepower are not all in these races but suspension setup,weight and car balance are the keys.

Here a good example of Touge circuit:

Hope your curiousity is satisfied ;)
Hugo
Touge monster
cantfindausername

Re: Toyota Trueno Ae86 1987

Post by cantfindausername »

Lovely car! These are like gold dust over here in the UK. Primary use is for the drift circuit. I've been out in one that was set up for that and they're huge amounts of fun.

I love those first few pictures too. Great location for those shots.

Ant
Os7213

Re: Toyota Trueno Ae86 1987

Post by Os7213 »

Hi

Thanks alot for your comments!

You're right these cars are often see on drift circuits. Even if Im not a lover of this kind of race I sometimes use the technique at curve entry since the car react well but I would defenitly not bring the car on a drift track to smash it like very others do. In fact I think "drifting" we see everywhere now is only a show even if theses drivers have skills so my preference is grip racing.
Im dissapointed cause about 10 years ago this car was used in N1 and GroupA circuit racing series in Japan but Unfortunatly theses categories doesn't exist anywhere else :(
This car have is own class, maybe one day we will have old antique car races here in Canada and Ill be the first one on the circuit for sure!

Thanks again
Hugo
Touge monster