Toyota ta27 2tg early twin cam

Post pics of your car in here
7t5-27

Toyota ta27 2tg early twin cam

Post by 7t5-27 »

First I would say hello as this is my first post, I am overwhelmed by the amount and type of info here exellent site!!.
The car is a 1975 toyota liftback RHD restoration in progress ,the engine is the standard 2tg 1600cc twin cam, I have upgraded the pistons to 9.8 to 1, ported,polished the head, port matched the manifolds, upgraded the cams to TRD 304 intake and 288 exhaust, changed the carbs from 40phh mikunis to 44phh mikunis removed the secondary venturis rejetted the carbs to match the lack of venturis, header with 2.25inch exhaust, 4.33 Limited slip, and disc brakes on the rear. TRD springs with bilstein shocks and ADDCO swaybars. The car pulls strongly to 8500+ and is drivable around town. Questions & comments are always welcome. Be Safe

Greg
Attachments
P8190174-2 .jpg
P8190174-2 .jpg (490.31 KiB) Viewed 7529 times
resized 1.jpg
resized 1.jpg (545.41 KiB) Viewed 7529 times
4v6

Post by 4v6 »

Fantastic looking cars, very "old school" but i really appreciate these types of car designs now as most every modern day car looks the same to me and are pretty much souless.
Just one observation, please, dont run without an air filter.
Guy Croft
Site Admin

Post by Guy Croft »

Welcome, Greg!

Good to see you 'doing the business'!

Your toys in the background too?

G
7t5-27

Post by 7t5-27 »

At this time the carbs are gone and I am in the process of changing to efi, the Simple Digital System's em4f version is on and tuning is underway. I will post updates periodically.

The background is my other love, My perfect Job would be teaching sailing, I love teaching and sailing even more, That is the stern of one my 4 boats dubbed"battleship row" by my wife.
Thanks for the comments, glad to be here, hope to learn boatloads. Be Safe

Greg
Os7213

Post by Os7213 »

Hi

Really nice setup I love Toyota's this Ta is not an execption. Really clean engine bay, just wondering if your are interrested in posting pictures of under the car?
I dont want to bother you but cna you tell me if the 2tg is stable at "high" rpm's with stock crank, I have test many 4age but unfortunatly havent see a 2tg by myself!
Also about your cams setup, are you running underbuckets shims, shimless buckets?

cannot wait to see the efi conversion

Thanks
Hugo
7t5-27

Post by 7t5-27 »

Hugo,
Thanks for compliment, the car is running stock valve set up with TRD dbl valve springs, shims are under the buckets, have had no problem with crank instability, or vibrations at any rpm even with the light HKS steel flywheel. EFI is coming along the car wil start and idle but is still to fat and has to leaned out somewhat, I am constrained by time as I can only seem to work on it an hour each session. I am slowly getting it to where it needs to be, Be Safe

Greg