Opel Vectra A '93 c20xe tuning Project

Post pics of your car in here
alex new

Opel Vectra A '93 c20xe tuning Project

Post by alex new »

Hello, My name is Alex and I am from Greece.
This is some specs and photos of my car. I tuned the engine from completely standard and I want keep to increase the performance as much it can using the standard Managment system Bosch Motronic M.2.8 and also off course to be single throttle body. I believe that I will make in the future about 240 bhp, with reliability and a good driveability (noise,fuel consumption and low end torque).
So thats I have right now:

Engine c20xe distrubutorless, Bosch Motronic M2.8
Removed resonator before std c20xe (Vectra A) airbox.
Silicone pipe 90mm diameter fitted on fron of airbox to give cold air.
K&N panel filter
v6 c25xe air flow meter. The plastic mesh is removed.
Custom Intake Manifold handmade by me. It uses the jenvey inlet manifold for tapered throttle bodies, and then the runners and the plenum is my design. The runners are tapered from 42,7 up to 51mm with 1,5 degree taper. The runners are long of 24,5cm (including the jenvey manifold). The plenum have about 1650-1700cc displacement. Inside the plenum I put air horns.
Custom carbon throttle adapter to give smooth flow on the strange shape c20xe buterfly.
Flowed standard throttle body
C20let yellow injectors frows 304cc/min at 3bar
Matching the manifold with the cylinder head
Camshafts specs :
Intake: Hydraulic : 274 degrees duration, 11.95mm max lift, 236 degrees duration calculated in 1,0mm, 110 degrees full lift, lift at TDC 2.0mm
Exhaust: Hydraulic: 274 degrees duration, 11.95mm max lift, 236 degrees duration calculated in 1,0mm, 110 degrees full lift, lift at TDC 1.95mm
Uprated singe valve springs
Steel valve caps
Modified standard vernier gears to be adjustable
Coscast head (early type 2AH) Ported and polished. The valve seat ported to fit +1mm oversize valves). Skimmed for 11,2:1 CR
Bronze valve guides
Oversize valves Inlet ,34mm wasted stem (6mm), Exhaust 30mm (7mm stem).
Pocketed 2,0mm standard 86P pistons (forged)
New piston rings.
Skimmed the block for better squish band zone.
All the bearings and pillow blocks for crankshaft and rods are from Glyco.
Crankshaft late type knife edged and Balancing at 8.500rpm
ARP rod bolts
Aluminum pot type flywheel 4,2kg. Also Balanced with the crankshaft.
F20 gearbox with 3.72 crown and pinion from F20 4wd gearbox, Quaife ATB,
Exhaust manifold from BTB 4-2-1 Primaries diameter 47mm - length (30 inches), Secondaries 54mm, After the collector 63.5mm. Collector is baffle type.
Racing Cat 63,5mm diameter with 100 dots per Inch
60mm external diameter Custom exhaust system with two Mufflers
Oil radiator from setrab (double size from std one)
Custom program chip on the Bosch Motronic ECU for the new specifications.
The program made on the dyno with wide band sensor, and emulator software program.

The performance without the custom intake manifod (I had lexmaul intake), oversize valves, c20let injectors, v6 airflow meter and btb manifold ( I use another another fast roadf manifold from btb) was 204 hp/din at 7300rpm and 23,35kg/m at 6050rpm.
Now I don't know how much I have, because I must reprogram the ecu to the new specs but I will not do for the moment.
I want to change first the above and then I will go for reprogramm.
I will put in the nearly future:
Custom specs camshafts: Intake: Hydraulic : 283 degrees duration, 11.50mm max lift, 246 degrees duration calculated in 1,0mm, 108 degrees full lift, lift at TDC 2.95mm
Exhaust: Hydraulic: 279 degrees duration, 11.50mm max lift, 243 degrees duration calculated in 1,0mm, 108 degrees full lift, lift at TDC 1.65mm
Steel con rods from catcams
sbd steel oil pump gear
Acrralite flat top pistons 87,50mm from 86.00mm standards. The CR will go 12:1.
New hydraulic followers.
Then I will make a new prograam to the dyno and I hope for about 240 hp..
Here some photos:
Last edited by alex new on July 3rd, 2006, 2:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Opel Vectra A Powered by c20xe engine
Alexis

Post by Alexis »

A lot of work is going into that and i do hope you get the results you want, but... the only thing that i would think about changing is your injectors to something with a bit more flow rate.

I know from various reading that the Fiat coupe 16v turbo / Lancia integrale injectors flow 384cc / 3bar and will flow for about 280 - 300bhp @ 90% duty cycle
alex new

Post by alex new »

I don't worry for the injectors. Think That my engine is N/A and natural aspirated engines provide maximum power ftom 12,7:1 - 13,5:1 air fuel ratio. So they no need so much fuel to give power.
Think that I had 204 hp of power with my old injectors (standard c20xe) that have 241cc at 3 bar!
Perhaps it helping the sequential fuel injection of the bosch motronic to provide max efficiency with less fuel on each cylinder..
The reason that I install the bigger injectors is because I changed also the airflometer (standard was 63mm diameter). The c25xe v6 model air flow meter that I am using (from vectra a 2,500cc) is 70mm diameter like the c20let turbo (c20let is the c20xe in turbo version) engine.
So I bought the c25v6 airflow meter because is the same type with mine (hot film on facelift c20xe and c25xe engines, hot wire on c20let engines) and I was using the injectors from the c20 let because the c25xe engine have smaller injectors because is a 6cylinder engine. So my engine with two that changes works pretty well even without a reprogram, but still for the best result I must reprogram the ecu.
Opel Vectra A Powered by c20xe engine