Audi Quattro.

Post pics of your car in here
Will01

Re: Audi Quattro.

Post by Will01 »

Great looking .motor. Good to see the hard work has continued and not forgotten.
Not far away now then before it is on the road.
GC_21
Guy Croft
Site Admin

Post by Guy Croft »

I esp like the time-lapse of the nephew growing up!!

G
Guy Croft, owner
4v6

Post by 4v6 »

I took some video of the car a few weeks ago as it had to come out of the garage for a friend to collect his engine which meant the car had to vacate the space.
Quite early on the morning so I coudnt be too revvy, it was very cold, hence the copious quantities of steam!
And yes, the door was up.

https://youtu.be/JRgedtXFPsg
Tony Warren. GC #96.
Will01

Post by Will01 »

Sounds good to me :)
GC_21
4v6

Post by 4v6 »

Heres a photo taken late last year year, with the front end more or less screwed together, its minus the indicator units although at this point in time theyre all fitted and amazingly all the front end wiring works, which is a minor miracle as the only wiring harness I could get new from Audi was a new old stock item from a scandinavian model which didnt incorporate indicators or fogs and I added in the extra wires to make it UK spec.

Lots of hassle but worth it I think.

Heres how it looks today.

Tony Warren. GC #96.
4v6

Post by 4v6 »

Test.
Tony Warren. GC #96.
TomLouwrier

Post by TomLouwrier »

4v6 wrote: May 13th, 2021, 1:05 pmTest.
icle!

;-)
Tom
GC_29
TomLouwrier

Post by TomLouwrier »

Hi Tony,

Good to see you again. It's been a while...
How's things?

regards
Tom
GC_29
4v6

Post by 4v6 »

Hello Tom it has indeed been quite a while what with one thing and another.

Audis been a bit lonely as Id not done any further work on it as life had sent me in another direction, however Itll get finished before too much longer I hope.
Ive got a few wiring jobs to complete, one being the issue of the new engine management (motronic) which requires a pulsed 10 volt square wave signal 8 times per rev to tell it the vehicle speed.
Usually it gets this on the S2 variants by a sensor on the gearbox output flange on the right side of the diff, however mine hasnt got the casting for that so I need to find a newer casting and use the sensor and internal pulser ring doodah..
The issues compounded by the fact that the signals usually sent through through the electronic speedo ( mines old school mechanical with a cable drive) so its not possible to just attach the sensor there, however using the new senor and casting will eliminate that issue entirely.
Then Ive only to correctly route, secure and wire the engine harness and im done on that part.
Finally theres just the rear apron to paint and its ready to show itself off.

Ive also got a bee in my bonnet about the other project car, a Mk1 Golf, thats been in stasis for the last 24 years.
After realising that its tax exempt as its 41 years old Ive started to aquire the last few remaining parts to put it back on the road.
The last job I did was rebuild the gearbox.......in 2015.
The cars a bit rough and ready at the moment but Ill work the gremlins out as I go on this one.
Good to hear from you again Tom, Im hoping the forum will start to get more active before too long, it deserves to really.

Tony.
Tony Warren. GC #96.