Morris Minor part 4

Post pics of your car in here
Wal

Morris Minor part 4

Post by Wal » Sat Oct 21, 2017 4:52 pm

Under the bonnet of the car reveals the full Guy Croft engine on twin 45s.

One unique feature is my own custom built 50mm stainless 4-2-2 system with Magnaflow main box and twin Scorpion back boxes. A rather rough and ready exhaust system but twin pipes out the back is a must and worth the small sacrifice in power.

Couple exhaust of pictures below:

I know it’s not pretty but it does the job. Part of the reason I used the 50mm tubing was because I knew I couldn’t make it quite right so compensated by using the biggest diameter tubing I could accommodate.

Soon it will be all of the above but in Volumex version, which will require a proper exhaust being made for it. The planned result brings to mind the sticker I once saw on the back of a Bugatti Veyron “Yes I Can”. Mine will be “Yes I Just Did”

What happens with this engine? Well it gets transplanted into my other Morris Minor that currently only has a standard Twin Cam in.

Hopefully you have enjoyed the brief trip round my car and it was worth the read. For me it is simply the best.

Regards,
Wal

Guy Croft
Site Admin

Re: Morris Minor part 4

Post by Guy Croft » Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:20 pm

Hi Steve and your super dad (who also has a Morris-Minor TC!)

marvellous to see you both at GCRE this week and thank you very much for your respected new order for a GC VX 2 liter unit.

Loved the posts and the new Rat Look!! it's my fav tbh (hope that's not too modern for GC!)

Do tell the story of the rolling-road tests at Northants M/Sport if you get time. It really made me smile.

Thanks again for sharing the fun here,

very sincerely,

G
Guy Croft, owner

Spider 1969

Post by Spider 1969 » Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:38 pm

Nice one; love to see more on how the engine and transmission have been installed.
Keep it up.

Best regards,
Charles
GC_26

Will01

Post by Will01 » Tue Nov 21, 2017 10:36 pm

I love these mad conversions. Rocket ship.
We need to see more details and pictures.
Any videos floating about?
GC_21