F.I.R.E 1108 in Punto.

Road-race engines and ancillaries - general discussion
NST Club

F.I.R.E 1108 in Punto.

Post by NST Club »

Hi, i`m Zare from Yugoslavia, and I drive Fiat punto with 1108 engine. i`m amater and i`m intrested in tuning that engine. For now I did the cam, copression rate, chip, intake... what u sufest next?
- Can u tell me where to find technical dravings of 4-1 manifold and downpipe? Or U can advice me how to build one.
- What can i get with bigger throttle body (whant to stay on SPI, and will remape it)?

Regards,

Zare
Julian

Post by Julian »

Zare,

Could you give some indication of what you want from the engine and what you intend to use it for?

There are some ideas here:
http://www.wolfdirectracing.com/press.aspx
NST Club

Post by NST Club »

"fast" (as much as it can be) street car. the ideas from Wolf Direct Racing, halped me a lot. i`m interesting what will i get with 4-2-1 exhaust mainfold like on the site, and any mesurements or dravings of the same...

Regards,

Zare
Julian

Post by Julian »

A 4-1 exhaust tends to give optimal power over a narrow range while a 4-2-1 is usually configured to give a broader range of power - far more useful for rally and more likely to aid the longevity of the engine.

I don't have the dimensions you need - the exhaust you saw was bought in. We have plans to produce similar manifolds early next year in stainless steel.