- Posts: 5
- Joined: July 3rd, 2015, 9:41 am
I've just joined the forum (although I have owned one of Guys excellent Workshop Manuals for a year, so I'm not entirely new to the GC world) and thought I'd say hello before asking any questions.
I'm in the process of a nut-and-bolt restoration of a rare 1977 Fiat X1/9 1300 Serie Speciale and will soon be turning my attention to the power-plant.
The plan is to rebuild the engine keeping the appearance on the outside 'stock' but 'lifting' the bhp a little to allow it to keep up with modern traffic, but not so much that it changes the characteristics of the car too much: so I'm looking to increase output from 75bhp to a more sensible 90-100bhp.
So thats it really: I just wanted to say hello and explain what I'm hoping to achieve in the future rather than wading in with a load of questions.
Thanks for reading and Guy, thanks for letting me join the forum.
- Site Admin
- Posts: 5029
- Joined: June 18th, 2006, 9:31 am
- Location: Lincoln, UK
- GT SOHC rebuild_final assy.JPG (66.59 KiB) Viewed 5152 times
- GT SOHC_ carb rigged (1).JPG (137.8 KiB) Viewed 5152 times
- IMG_3432.JPG (63.63 KiB) Viewed 5152 times
- IMG_3435.JPG (56.78 KiB) Viewed 5152 times
- IMG_3725.JPG (838.35 KiB) Viewed 5147 times
- GT.jpg (274.86 KiB) Viewed 5147 times
- Posts: 71
- Joined: August 7th, 2013, 10:37 pm
- Location: Pembrokeshire, Wales, Uk
Can I ask why the water pump pulley has been removed? Electric pump?
I aspire for my next build to be as good as this. A work of art!
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests