Volumex on 1600 mirafiori engine

Road-race engines and ancillaries - general discussion
zdrafko51

Volumex on 1600 mirafiori engine

Post by zdrafko51 »

Hello

Friend and I are considering mounting Lancia Beta 2.0 Volumex on his 1.6 131 engine.
Unit is complete, intake manifold, blower, carb, linkage...
Crank front pulley is missing, but idea is to raise speed of blower for 7% as you recommend.
Front puley from Argenta is available (it has teeths for power steering pump), can it be used?
If not, what are specifications for pulley to raise the speed for 7%?

Idea is to put STD flat head 2.0 pistons in 1.6 to achieve lower CR.
Head will be ported, with bronze shortened giudes and EX valves from Lancia turbo.
Intake valves STD 41,5 or 43 if you recommend.
Cams will be STD from 1.6 131, maybe from 132 2.0 (more lift).
Carb will be STD Weber 36 (already fitted), DCNF 40 is also available.
Engine is suppose to run on LPG, to avoid detonation and hot starting problems.
Ignition will be digiplex.
How many HP can be expected?

Any suggestions for engine set up?
GC_57
Guy Croft
Site Admin

Re: Volumex on 1600 mirafiori engine

Post by Guy Croft »

2 liter VX has 29/22 pulley ratios, I do not know the diameter ofthe power steering pulley. I would leave the ratio the same, the blower will give higher boost anyway on the 1600 engine.

Not a good idea to use atmo pistons in a supercharged engine,the VX pistons had thicker crown and ring lands.

Shortening guides I do not recommend,get some aerodynamic ones from me, I cease shortening guides years ago.

Intake valves STD 41,5 or 43.5mm? Depends how much money you've got really! Remember bigger valves will make the chamber bigger, and you really need to work out the CR not just guess at it. I do not know anything about LPG so really cannot advise what will be best.

You must use high thermal conductive ex valve seats with LPG. KS make these. You cannot run with the Fiat seats.

Ignition will be Digiplex - that system will probably not work on this engine.

I don't really think you have thought this thru! Looks like classic mix-and-match to me.

Sorry! If I did this I'd get shot!!

GC
Guy Croft, owner
Guy Croft
Site Admin

Post by Guy Croft »

at a glance the PAS pulley is smaller, I have a VX one if you want to buy it.

G
Guy Croft, owner
tmvolumex

Post by tmvolumex »

Even with the stock VX crank pulley that set up will give a 1600cc engine a lot of boost, more than pump gas can support.
I built a 1756cc engine, with Alqauti 40-80 cams, VX head and VX crank pulley (stock drive ratio) 40 DCOE carb and that resulted in an boost level of 8.5 PSI.
Putting a VX supercharger system, on a 1600cc engine, boost level will be around 10 PSI, depending on cams, 10 PSI is more than pump gas can support, without detonation issues.
Tom
GC_31