Oil pump driven gear

Road-race engines and ancillaries - general discussion
zdrafko51

Oil pump driven gear

Post by zdrafko51 »

Hello all.
As far as I know there are two different part numbers for this gear. But can anyone tell what is the difference between them?
P/N: 4274698 and 7541261

Also, did anyone attempt to put together top of the oil pump from Lancia Beta and pickup from Argenta. Is it posible?
I'm asking because new Lancia pump is available so I could use it together with my short pickup from Argenta.
GC_57
Guy Croft
Site Admin

Re: Oil pump driven gear

Post by Guy Croft »

the only Lancia oil pump which has commonality to the Fiat TC one is that used in the Lancia MonteCarlo - essentially a Fiat 2 liter body with special pickup. You cannot marry any other Lancia oil pump to a Fiat one.

As far as the driven gears are concerned they all have common spline and gear etc but lengths vary.

Main thing is to make sure there is a reasonable clearance between the shaft and the bottom of the driven gear as shown. If you have a late 131/130TC Fiat 2 liter one it is quite a bit longer than the early ones - but you can grind it down if you need to shorten it. No need to go into too much detail except to say the early pumps have a nasty stress-raiser where the shaft runs into the spline region so Fiat redesigned it and gave it a longer spline and matching driven gear with more engagement in the spline.

In order to check the clearance between driven gear and pump shine a torch into the crankcase and take a look. If you fit a pump and it lifts the driven gear up you are in trouble!

Hope this helps some,

GC
Attachments
Driven gear_right.JPG
Driven gear_right.JPG (104.85 KiB) Viewed 7170 times
Driven gear_wrong.JPG
Driven gear_wrong.JPG (104.74 KiB) Viewed 7170 times
Radius work applied to a Lancia Beta oil pump to eliminate the stress concentration
Radius work applied to a Lancia Beta oil pump to eliminate the stress concentration
3.1 (3).jpg (121.8 KiB) Viewed 7170 times
Guy Croft, owner
zdrafko51

Re: Oil pump driven gear

Post by zdrafko51 »

Thanks Guy!
GC_57