Hi . wanted to say hello and mention my Twin-Cam !

Road-race engines and ancillaries - general discussion
paul_v

Hi . wanted to say hello and mention my Twin-Cam !

Post by paul_v »

Hi All,

just wanted to say hi, and thanks already for the superb info I have gleaned from reading the many enlightening and informed posts so far.

also, thanks Guy for the time, advice and encouragement on the phone the other afternoon, much appreciated.

Have been a longtime fan of the Fiat Twin Cam since my days in the eary 1970's as an apprentice motor mechanic.

had a two litre one in my self built Stryker Kit car for many years. this was mildly tuned with a flowed head, 4 branch free-flow exhaust and a pair of 40DCOE,s on it. also had one or two bits n bobs of Guys on it such as the Inlet manifold and fuel pump blank plate, ect,act. was a fantastic car, made all the better for the fantastic engine and 131 gearbox with abarth shift extension.

well now Im a Morris Minor owner, along with other odd cars and I have acquired a 2 litre Volumex. plans are of course to fit this along with the abarth box or a type 9.

I am lucky enough to have stockpiled over the years things like a remote oil filter and one of Guy's adapter kits to fit the type 9 to the rear of the Volumex. this will of course be a RWD conversion.

As im a newbie and wanted just to say Hi + thanks etc, I saw there wasnt a general chat area on the forums, so hope it was OK to post first time here.

Paul V.

p.s. Im in Rochester, Kent so if any other enthusiasts want a chat or some help let me know.

p.p.s will of course be posting in what i hope to be the right eares of the forum as i have lots of questions to ask about my build/conversion.
Guy Croft
Site Admin

Re: Hi . wanted to say hello and mention my Twin-Cam !

Post by Guy Croft »

No worries with your post Paul and yes nice to hear from you again after so many years!

Don't forget I am utterly desparate for some Fiat 8v TC type 2 liter cranks, if u_can make it here - brilliant!

G
Guy Croft, owner