Hello I have a 1989 Delta HF TURBO i.e.

Road-race engines and ancillaries - general discussion
djbully

Hello I have a 1989 Delta HF TURBO i.e.

Post by djbully »

HI all,
Just posting to keep my account alive !

Anyway I joined this forum way back when I did have some money to spare. I was hoping at the time to get some work done my Lancia Delta HF Turbo.

(yes it's the FWD 1.6 turbo RHD uk model)

I have already spent a FORTUNE on it, it's basically a gralle look-a-like.

The Block was bored(spelling?) out to 1.8 and the turbo uprated to a Garret T2 (or G2?)Anyway 0-60 is fairly rapid in less than 6 secs! :)

Also it has some 130TC race cams from a Fiat Strada or something, not to clear exactly what they are, but they are apparently rare as rocking horse poop!
(thats what I was told when I bought the thing anyway!) :)

Point is I ran out of money running the Lancia as an everyday car got silly, with fuel prices and my Lancia's HORRENDOUS consumption. I worked it out to around18MPG! and that's being gentle. So for the last couple of years i had to SORN my pride and joy and it's now sat in my garage gathering dust. :(

Hopefully in the not too distant future I will have some spare cash again, and I will be looking to get some work done.

Hence my post to keep may account active.

Thanks for listening :)

Bully
Infectus-Guy

Re: Hello I have a 1989 Delta HF TURBO i.e.

Post by Infectus-Guy »

Interesting, i'd like to get my hf turbo up to 1.8 as its as big as i can go without going up to A3 hillclimb class. Dedra 1.8 engine is what i'm looking for and hopefully fit turbo pistons, that must have been a lot of work to bore out to 1.8 and i guess expensive to get the pistons to suit?
Have you got any photos to show us?
Guy
GC book #182