Auxillary pulley timing alignment

Road-race engines and ancillaries - general discussion
twincamspit

Re: Auxillary pulley timing alignment

Post by twincamspit »

> Which solvent, oil, etc etc..?!!
> You DEFINITELY need to buy the new GC book published some 2 years ago!

Fair enough, I asked too many questions and I had started to go off-topic.

Regarding upgrading, the clarity and quality of the photos in the 1996 version is excellent, especially considering that they are only black and white.
Yet although the lure of colour photos in the new edition is very tempting, that alone couldn't justify the £128 outlay! I'm sure it's excellent value for money if you don't already have a early copy though.

There are some areas where my early edition is a little short of information for less experienced amateurs, so I'll take a look through the forum to see what positive things other people who have upgraded have to say about the reasons to upgrade.

thank you,

Richard
GC_42
Guy Croft
Site Admin

Post by Guy Croft »

no problem with your questions, no ho - that's what the forum is for - but fact is I don't have the time to answer in anything like the detail I'd like to these days..

I know that most readers tend to leave the more detailed tech TC questions to me which is very respectful of them.

That's where the 'new' book comes in. I think I took all the reviews down.

G
Guy Croft, owner
twincamspit

Post by twincamspit »

For those following this thread, I decided to take Guy up on his offer of tapping and plugging the end of the aux driveshaft.
It came back today and it looks great, so I'll be fitting that shortly when the wife is out.

I also decided to update myself with a copy of the newer book, and what a great decision that was!
Guy may have taken down all of the reviews but I intend to post one so that others realise the benefit of upgrading.
GC_42
Guy Croft
Site Admin

Post by Guy Croft »

Good fun this little thread.

Shows - from where I sit, how important it is to take seriously even the most modest requests for technical guidance.

I tell myself often that whilst it may seem just a 'small/insignificant thing' to me it can be quite a 'big thing' for someone else. I had, for example, a thank-you email yesterday: the guy had only bought an ex gasket for his TC but he was thrilled it arrived next day.

Like I said, just a small thing to me.

G
Guy Croft, owner
Urbancamo

Post by Urbancamo »

Guy:

I'm very well pleased you tell your tips and tricks for us "average users". In my country experts like you won't tell a thing. Never ever. This auxiliary shaft thing is a thing I've only heard of you. And it is a thing wich cannot be taken lightly. More to come in my own topics.

-T
GC_25