Weber 34 ICH carbs

Road-race engines and ancillaries - general discussion
turbofiat

Weber 34 ICH carbs

Post by turbofiat »

This carb was used on Land Rovers, VWs, Saabs, etc. I don't think they were used on US versions due to emmision reasons. One reason is they use a manual choke and think "factory" manual chokes were eleminated somewhere between 1966 to 1968 in the US for the above reason.

Would this be considered a "good" carb if a person was looking for a low cost replacement to say an ADF?

What would be the downside from going from an ADF to a ICH?
124 Spider, Yugo,131
Urbancamo

Re: Weber 34 ICH carbs

Post by Urbancamo »

Hi there,

If i had to replace ADF carb with something else, it would definately be Weber DGV carb. Or DGAV with water operated choke if you don't want to hassle with manual choke.
I have very good exprecience with DGV carb in Fiat Twincam.

Downside will be massive power drop due the single choke in ICT. You can test it yourself driving with ADF with only primary choke. Maybe 50% or less power is used, that's it. ICT has though 29 mm choke, but you don't get engines full potential thru 29 mm hole, never.

Other downside is totally different baseplate than common 46 x 93 mm found in ADF, DGV, DIR and other variants. You have make adapter plate in order to fit ICT carb in 46 x 93 mm manifold.

Hope these help and don't fear to ask more!
GC_25
turbofiat

Re: Weber 34 ICH carbs

Post by turbofiat »

Urbancamo wrote:Hi there,

If i had to replace ADF carb with something else, it would definately be Weber DGV carb. Or DGAV with water operated choke if you don't want to hassle with manual choke.
I have very good exprecience with DGV carb in Fiat Twincam.

Downside will be massive power drop due the single choke in ICT. You can test it yourself driving with ADF with only primary choke. Maybe 50% or less power is used, that's it. ICT has though 29 mm choke, but you don't get engines full potential thru 29 mm hole, never.

Other downside is totally different baseplate than common 46 x 93 mm found in ADF, DGV, DIR and other variants. You have make adapter plate in order to fit ICT carb in 46 x 93 mm manifold.

Hope these help and don't fear to ask more!
124 Spider, Yugo,131