ADAPTORS FOR 130TC STRADA?

Road-race engines and ancillaries - general discussion
Guy Croft
Site Admin

ADAPTORS FOR 130TC STRADA?

Post by Guy Croft »

Does anyone know the firm in New Zealand who make the alloy adaptors for the Strada 130TC that mount the carbs to the OE cast manifold to replace the old bonded rubber OE things? 2 x alloy plates that accept a conventional O ring/isolator/stud setup with DCOE carbs.

I know someone who needs a pair of adaptors but I cannot remember the firm's name.

Thanks very much,

G
mitch strada

Re: ADAPTORS FOR 130TC STRADA?

Post by mitch strada »

I am getting a local engineering company to make them (in the UK) - I have sent them the rubber units together with a 130tc inlet manifold and a set of dummy carbs so they have everything to refer to for measurements.

I am awaiting an answer for price and what number will be required for a limited run.

Perhaps anyone who may require them could pm me to register interest?

Will keep you posted.

Regards
Guy Croft
Site Admin

Post by Guy Croft »

hi Mitch

Good for you and good idea to make several. I have one guy looking for these. It might be an idea to run your design by me & I have an eng dwg (jpeg below) that will help. The att shows plates made from castings which are about 5mm thicker than the finished thing but one can equally as well make them from wrought alloy plate eg: HE15

I used to make these but somehow the casting pattern went missing and there was never more than a very occasional demand for them.

On the carb side you'd use a contemporary fitting kit, bolt the plates to the 130Tc inboard manifold with some silicone sealant.

G
Attachments
130 TC adaptor.JPG
130 TC adaptor.JPG (99.05 KiB) Viewed 5955 times
mitch strada

Post by mitch strada »

Very useful - thanks Guy.

I see no reason why this Strada setup cannot be replaced with a one piece manifold which can be the same length as the oe 130 manifold and plates combined. . . Your straight Monte manifold may be suitable?

I understand Fiat used the bonded rubber plates to reduce vibration and heat soak but most cars with twin carbs run perfectly well with a one piece cast manifold using conventional fittings. (o rings / etc)
Guy Croft
Site Admin

Post by Guy Croft »

I sold the MC pattern to the MonteHospital some years back.

FWIW in flow terms my M131 offset design is perfectly good enough for any TC 8V application right up to ultimate race. In When I got the Superflow rig I tested it (an all my others) - even as-cast the bolt-on loss was functionally insignificant and deduced there was no longer a need for the straight-shot version made from the MC casting (it was a very laborious machining op too..).

These plates are needed for folk who have the inboard 130TC manifold only (really). 2 plates and a fitting kit.

Someone in NZ was making them - just cannot trace them. Shurely someone know them?

G
Attachments
this is a carb fitting kit (fitting-kit-sidedraft). My design uses M8 studs.
this is a carb fitting kit (fitting-kit-sidedraft). My design uses M8 studs.
FKSD (DCOE fitting kit - studs not shown).jpg (109.53 KiB) Viewed 5952 times
mitch strada

Post by mitch strada »

I would like to commission a run of these adaptors and have permission from Guy to use his original drawings.

Can any interested members please pm me if they want a set.

Price will be around £130 for the pair - and you will need a fitting kit which Guy supplies to complete the package.

If there is not enough interest they will not be made - simple.

Thanks