Twin 40 Fuel pump question

Road-race engines and ancillaries - general discussion
Christopher_205Rallye

Twin 40 Fuel pump question

Post by Christopher_205Rallye »

Hey Guys,

Easy one for you..

I am running a standard 2.0L Agenta engine. To this is have fitted a guy croft inlet manifold and twin 40 DCOE with 32mm chokes.

Question is, is it required to use an electric fuel pump for this setup? Or will the standard manual, or electric ones be up to the job?

Thanks

Christopher
Guy Croft
Site Admin

Post by Guy Croft »

Hi Chris!

standard elec or mech is fine for that setup - if in good working order.

I like Facet Silver Top interrupter pumps in that installation and similar where no other elec pump is fitted, but against std mech one, the real advantage is that you can prime the carbs without cranking the engine - a real problem if you run the tank dry with the mechanical pump, you can flatten the battery easily. Also I would never run a mech pump on a comp engine because if the fuel pump diaphram splits it tips petrol in the sump.

GC
Christopher_205Rallye

Post by Christopher_205Rallye »

Guy Croft wrote:Hi Chris!

standard elec or mech is fine for that setup - if in good working order.

I like Facet Silver Top interrupter pumps in that installation and similar where no other elec pump is fitted, but against std mech one, the real advantage is that you can prime the carbs without cranking the engine - a real problem if you run the tank dry with the mechanical pump, you can flatten the battery easily. Also I would never run a mech pump on a comp engine because if the fuel pump diaphram splits it tips petrol in the sump.

GC
Hi Guy,

Thanks for that info. This is for a road car so I needed to know if it would be sufficient just to get her up and running initially :D

Regards

Christopher