TC Oil filter id

Road-race engines and ancillaries - general discussion
mitch strada

TC Oil filter id

Post by mitch strada »

Sorry if this has been covered before, i did do a search of this section and found nothing.

I understand the TC Oil filter may be different depending on the angle it sits on for fwd/rwd tc applications.

Guy gave me a Fram part number of a filter he uses with non-return valve fitted in the filter.

What I require is the Fiat oe part number for the Strada 130tc oil filter and any superceded Fiat part codes for the 130tc oil filter.

Many thanks
mitch strada

Re: TC Oil filter id

Post by mitch strada »

4434793 - I have found this code on the 130tc microfiche - for the oe oil filter

5889214 - In my service history i see that this part number was fitted to the 130tc.

71736162 is the UFI code for Integrale 8v and 16v but not sure if this fits 8vtc - anyone know?

Thanks
dp

Re: TC Oil filter id

Post by dp »

In case this is of use, the non-return valve is simply a rubber diaphragm that you can see in the oil filter just beneath the radial holes. You could touch it with a pen. If you can look through the radial holes and see deep down into the filter, there isn't one.

Don't rely on the filter box or saleman saying 'suitable for Fiat XYZ', check for the valve. I've found that for example a Champion C101 for a Ford Pinto engine has the filter but the auto store own brand copy for the Ford Pinto doesn't. Incidentally, Champion C101 & C102 (bigger size) fit the Fiat filter mount.